Our client seeks a Principal Structural Engineer to work on various projects, Perth based. On offer is a 12 month contract with the potential of a staff role
You will bring your vast technical experience and industry experience in mineral processing, alumina refinery and mining facilities our team and support our clients to succeed in their long term focus on operational efficiency as well as lead studies in capacity sustaining and expansion projects. Our teams are focussed on creating value in our studies that will convert into long term projects for execution in the future.
- Reporting to the lead structural engineer, deliver structural engineering services that meet its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Take the lead in scoping and managing the technical delivery of structural related elements which including brownfield modifications, capacity stretch projects, small scale greenfield expansion and advanced structural analysis work.
- Support the lead structural engineer on specific projects where the responsibility include
- Scope management
- Promotion of workshare between various offices
- Cross disciplinary coordination to ensure successful delivery of Customer’s requirement
- Perform supporting tasks such as:
- participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures;
- clarification of project scope and identify changes to the lead structural engineer as per project change management processes;
- Gathers data from multiple sources and prepares engineering studies, analyses, calculations, etc. Support technical development of solutions, recommendations and creates final documentation for project deliverables.
- If required, supervise structural drafting to deliver project requirements
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between and its Customer's requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in structural engineering.
- Support effective communication with the structural engineering team and project stakeholders, including the customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
What you will bring
- Bachelor of Structural/Civil Engineering or relevant undergraduate degree
- 15 years plus experience in structural engineering design which includes leading small teams in delivering projects
- Previous experience in mining or other mineral processing projects is required
- Keen attitude to learn new design tools as well modes project delivery
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Be highly driven with a focus on delivery and service
Technical and Industry Experience
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Exposure to developing structural design across a range of project cycles using Australian Standards
- Competent use of structural engineering specific software such as Spacegass and StaadPro
- Familiarity with finite element program such Strand7 or Ansys will be advantageous
- Knowledge of Rio Tinto, BHP and FMG standards & systems knowledge is preferable, but not critical.
- Agile with working in multiple platforms and environment including the use of 365 suite and various other collaboration tools
- Worked in team with diverse background