Location: Kuala Lumpur
Contract: 12-month Fixed Term Direct Hire
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Salary / Package: Monthly salary in MYR
Learning the content and application of standards, codes and guidelines as applicable for offshore. Learning design techniques and analysis methods. Liaise with Engineers, Design Supervisors and Designers of their own discipline.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Perform detailed design engineering, analysis and calculations on basic engineering tasks.
- Apply knowledge and skills to complete routine assignments under close supervision and mentoring.
- Prepare clear and accurate detailed design calculations and analyses including design reports and procedures.
- Organize own work to meet deadlines set by others.
- Clearly communicate information, asking questions and checking for understanding.
- Gain an understanding of the project scope of work, specifications, schedule and all inter-discipline requirements.
- Prepare sketches of detail design to guide Designers.
- Review MTOs for requisitions.
- Check drawings.
- Keep the Lead Engineer apprised of all activities, progress and concerns.
- Develop an awareness of costs related to own work.
- Develop basic understanding of COMPANY's business and customers it serves.
- Develop basic knowledge of COMPANY's business units and interactions including engineering, fabrication, and marine functions.
- Develop advanced skills in the use of standard productivity tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Essential Qualifications and Education:
- Entry-level position, or about 3 years’ experience in oil and gas
- Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering