Houston, United States
Process - Chemicals
Engineering & Design
June 27, 2023
Airswift has been tasked by one of its major clients to look for a Sr. Process Engineer to work a long-term
contract in Allentown Pennsylvania, or our offices in Buffalo, NY or Houston, TX.
• Support the Product Teams in the synthesis, selection, and evaluation of process cycles for optimum plant OPEX
• Generate/refine Heat & Material Balances (HMBs) using ASPEN+ process simulator.
• Develop/refine plant Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs)
• Perform detailed equipment design calculations and specifications for hydrogenation/de-sulfurization, prereformer, shift reactors, catalyst specification, cooling train exchangers, steam system, CO2 removal, and
potentially CO2 capture (typical deliverables for HyCO plant designs)
• Perform detailed equipment design calculations and specifications for front-end adsorption purification systems,
cryogenic heat exchangers, and distillation columns for engineer-to-order opportunities (typical deliverables for
cryogenic plant designs)
• Perform/refine calculations and write duty specifications for machinery, vessels, control valves, relief devices, and
• Support P&ID development, operability reviews, and hazard reviews
• Support model reviews, complete coldbox inspections
• Interface with third-party SMR equipment supplier
• Support plant start-up and lead plant performance testing
• Support Operations and ESPS with evaluations, calculations, and studies as requested
• Domestic and international travel to customer locations and to plant sites is expected about 15 percent of the
• Be self-motivated and have good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Support a variety of projects within budgeted hours and to schedule
• Have a strong understanding of thermodynamics and be able to adapt knowledge to new applications
• Develop a working relationship with The Product Line Teams as well as other groups within the Central
Engineering Teams (Controls, Systems, Machinery, etc.)
• Have good commercial and fiscal awareness and actively seek lowest cost alternatives.