Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking Process Engineer to work within their LNG facilities located in Quintana, TX, for a 1-year assignment.
The Process Engineer is the technical contact for all matters related to the process technology (including liquefaction, natural gas, acid gas removal and NGL extraction) employed in the facility. Key responsibilities include plant performance monitoring and troubleshooting, process studies and modeling support for plant optimization, process safety and regulatory compliance support, and Communities of Practice and Lessons Learned ownership. This position drives technical consistency and assurance across operating sites through regular operating site presence, interaction, and application of internal and external technical standards. The Process Engineer is the technical resource for all matters related to the process support at all of Freeport's operating facilities.
- Provide process engineering guidance to Operating facilities with recommendations related to process systems design, operational practices and controls.
- Support and execute optimization plans for the LNG process in line with the company goals and objectives year to year
- Support plant Operations personnel in troubleshooting process issues and concerns.
- Develop and conduct process simulations to investigate system steady state responses in support of diagnostics and troubleshooting.
- Propose design solutions and performance tests requirements towards optimizing production or solving process related incidents.
- Develop and utilize Process Monitoring tools that monitor process efficiency and make improvement recommendations to enhance production and efficiency performance.
- Support preliminary cost estimates, and schedules to support capital and facility upgrade projects.
- Thoroughly understand the technical Management of Change (MOC) process and utilize it in support of capital projects and routine facility changes. Support the technical review and closeout of critical Management of Change (MOC) activities at Operating facilities.
- Facilitate and/or participate in Process Hazards Analysis (PHA) and Hazard and Operability Reviews (HAZOP) to ensure safety in design and facility operations.
- Participate in Pre Startup Safety Reviews (PSSRs).
- Facilitate and/or participate in other process safety and technical studies (e.g. Alarm management)
- Facilitate and/or participate in the incident investigation to analyze equipment and system failures and deviations and provide solutions and corrective actions to root causes.
- Assure Operations requirements are considered on major projects, and support Operations Readiness and Turnaround activities.
- Interact with and support Commercial Operations, Regulatory Affairs, and other departments to ensure that appropriate process data and analyses are available to support Company's business objectives.
- Provide process engineering support for the commissioning, start-up and operation of the LNG plant and/or new process units installed in the facility.
- Participate in audits as a technical resource.
- Conduct process-based technical training for operations staff
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical/Process Engineering
- Valid/Current TWIC
- Master's Degree in Chemical/Process Engineering (Preferred)
- Expertise in a process plant operating environment in natural gas treatment, NGL extraction and liquefaction technology
- Familiar with:
- Acid gas removal systems
- Dehydration systems
- Pumps, reciprocating compressors, and other rotating equipment
- Cryogenics and liquefaction
- LNG technology
- Strong background in process safety management and process safety applications including HAZOP, LOPA and other forms of PHA studies.