Airswift has been tasked to recruit for a Senior Process Engineer to work for a global oil & gas company with offices in Paris.
This is a 12 months' renewable contract starting as soon as possible working on a large LNG onshore project in Iraq.
Reporting to the Process & Flow Assurance Lead Engineer, the job holder is in charge during the FEED and EPSCC Phases to:
• be involved in all process design aspects of CPF Oil Treatment, Water treatment, utilities sizing; as well as wellpads design
• provide support to, challenge the FEED Contractors in the Value engineering exercise. Promote alternatives design to reduce cost, works and schedule;
• timely review and comment the process engineering documents; liaise with other engineering specialist(s), and entity (Operations,…) as required (for example for philosophies, etc.)
• ensure Plant process engineering consistency, constructability, operability and flexibility;
• ensure that the engineering activities related to process matters are performed in compliance with applicable laws and regulations,
• contextualized GS, with required level of quality, high HSE.
Standards, with respect of the Project environment, and within the agreed time schedule and cost;
• assist the Process & Flow Assurance Lead to formalize, get validation and approval of the proposed derogations on contextualized GS-EP-ECP;
• avoid Contractors stand-by/delays by prompt response to engineering queries and unexpected technical issues, by a proactive and pro-efficient approach;
• be involved in activities regarding the OPPS / HIPPS Dossier (such as preparation and participation to HIPPS Committee,…)
• Support and closely follow-up the design aspects with the project flow assurance specialist;
• assist the Commissioning team for the preparation of the commissioning activities; and Operations in the preparation of their activities (such as procedures),
• support preparation and participate in Project technical reviews, provide answers and ensure timely implementation of the findings
• To adopt & demonstrate an exemplary behavior with regard to HSSE requirements
• To provide a strong HSSE leadership and to define and ensure the effective implementation of the Project HSSE policy and commitment, by providing all necessary resources
• To adopt and demonstrate an exemplary behavior with regard to the Company Ethics and “Code of Conduct” policy and to promote and enforce the Corporate Anti-Corruption Program within the project team
• Engineering follow-up: To control the Contractors’ performance in process discipline and in his perimeter : timely delivery and
• review of Contractor’s engineering documents, studies and queries through an efficient technical coordination scheme with the Contractors.
• Attend HAZOP studies and follow-up response
• Engineering compliance: To ensure compliance of process engineering with the Project requirements and applicable standards. To Issue and follow-up of Derogations requests to GS-EP-EC
• To ensure timely implementation of process related audit findings. • Reporting: To ensure adequate and timely reporting to the Process & Flow Assurance Lead.
• To ensure that interfaces with all other concerned packages and parties are handled correctly.
• To gather ‘lessons learnt’ and provide feedback to other entities as required
CONTEXT & ENVIRONMENT
Growth Gas Integrated Project (GGIP) is a project in Iraq around Ratawi Oil field. It includes 4 sub projects: Common Seawater Supply Project (CSSP), Gas Midstream project (GMP) and Solar Power Plant (SSP) and Associated Gas Upstream Project (AGUP). The Overall Capex of GGIP project will be around 10 B$. The electricity provided by the SPP will be reinjected in the grid, whereas the one generated by the GMP will be used by GMP and AGUP. The GGIP project will be cost recovered by the AGUP oil production. AGUP scope is the development of Ratawi oil field and interfaces with the 4 in 1 projects. It is the perimeter of the current job description. It is a PSC with phased developments. Ph1 is the upgrade of existing Ratawi facilities to reach a production of 120 kbopd in 2025. Associated reserves are 400 Mb, for CAPEX of 1B$. Ph2 is a large-scale development of the field targeting a plateau of 210 kbopd in 2027. Associated reserves are 1,800 Mb, for Capex of 6B$.
The project main challenges are:
• CAPEX is the main project driver,
• the tight schedule,
• interfaces with the other projects, notably GMP and AGUP phase 1 project
DURATION / LOCATION
Starting date: 02/2023
Duration: one year Renewable: YES
Job Location(s): Contractor office during AGUP phase 2 FEED (Europe or Middle East), Relocation after the detailed engineering in EPC offices
Estimated date of mobilization: 02/02/2023
Place of mobilization: Paris / FEED & EPC contractor office
Status: Resident If rotational, rhythm: N/A QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Education: Engineering degree or equivalent
Experience: >10 years in same or equivalent position
Advanced expertise is required: Confirmed experience in oil & gas project/industry specially for onshore fields. In project at all life-cycle stages of project development (FEED, Basic and Detailed Engineering, etc)
Position Title n+1: Process & flow assurance lead AGUP Ph2- Iraq GPI Position Title n+2: Ph2 Engineering manager- AGUP Ph2- Iraq GPI Direct hierarchical management: NA
The job holder is accountable to : Assist the Lead Process Engineer in the supervision and follow up of the Contractors process activities carried out for the CPF, pipelines and Well pads package