Location: La Défense, Nanterre, France
Contract type: This is a contract role, with hourly rate based on experience (CDD)
Time Frame: To start ASAP
Contract duration: Temporary contract with possible extension - minimum of 4 months
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Our global multi-energy company is looking for 4 new contractors for carrying our calls for tenders and negotiation of contracts and amendments with suppliers in the IDR / Digital purchasing category.
Our company and the Canadian leader convenience store “Alimentation Couche-Tard” (Couche Tard) have signed agreements covering our gas station networks in four European countries.
In this context, we will partner with Couche-Tard in Belgium and Luxembourg and will sell it its networks in Germany and the Netherlands.
This proposed transaction is subject to the usual conditions of completion, in particular the conduct of process of consulting staff representative bodies and obtaining authorizations required by competition authorities.
Our goal is to finalize the transaction before the end of 2023. If the project is completed, contractual adjustments will have to be made to allow the continuity of operations by the buyer.
Contracts or amendments must therefore be negotiated with the suppliers concerned.
The purchasing categories
Station Network Equipment (RNM) category (CarWash, signage and station awnings, etc.), General Resources (SMG), Intellectual services (Com, IS, etc.) as well as some industrial goods and services (PSI).
These are purchases of goods and services (such as washing and maintenance equipment, signage, awnings, communication, general resources, etc.).
1. Assist the category as part of the network transfer project:
Implement the purchasing strategies decided by the company authorities (Category Board, Committee Contracts, etc.): amendment and/or transfer, duplication of contracts + amendments:
- Participate in the kick off with the supplier and the reference buyer
- Define and validate the contractualization schedule by the stakeholders
- Draft riders or duplicate existing contracts (+ riders)* in collaboration with the TGP legal teams
- Negotiate clauses with suppliers
- Negotiate, if necessary, the financial elements
- Sign contracts and/or amendments in collaboration with the referent buyers
- Ensure monitoring and reporting to the lead buyer or the project team
2. Assist the IDR/DS category in the management of purchasing initiatives:
Conduct all stages of the purchasing process in compliance with internal rules and procedures, in particular of the ethics charter and code of conduct:
- Manage the drafting of pre-consultation files and calls for tenders for central needs
- Participate in the drafting of pre-consultation files and calls for tenders for local needs in support for local structures, in particular by disseminating good practices (standard documents) and price references (benchmarks)
- Directly lead commercial and contractual negotiations with suppliers in compliance with procedures and operating rules in conjunction with the Purchasing Legal Department, assisting the local structures in this process
- Manage the portfolio of central contracts, in particular by ensuring compliance with deadlines and monitoring of the activity
- Assist operational staff in any commercial disputes with suppliers in relation to Legal, Insurance and Finance Departments
- Contracts / amendments finalised and signed by the parties
- Updating of reporting documents provided by the lead buyer and the project team
- Tender documents entrusted to the service provider (qualification of suppliers in accordance with the Company's rules, purchasing strategies, Recommendation To Award, Contractualisation)
- Fluent or Native French language skill
- Very good English level
- Must have the right to work in France – we do not provide visa sponsorship
- 5 years' higher education (engineering, business school or equivalent)
- Advanced expertise in purchasing (goods and services, industrial equipment)
- Legal and financial knowledge, proficiency in IT tools (SAP, e-Sourcing, Sequana, Excel, Word, Access, etc.)
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills, versatility, ethics, rigour and probity, sense of confidentiality
- Ability to influence and convince in a cross-functional and multicultural management context
- Interpersonal skills, leadership, communication and teamwork; mobility for occasional assignments abroad abroad
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift.