- Develop enterprise-wide category strategies to achieve savings, generate value, and improve both quality and service levels by identifying areas of opportunity such as product standardization or supplier consolidation.
- Provide leadership to the business in the areas of strategy development, negotiation and contracting.
- Provide category expertise to the business, and seek expertise from the business, as required
- Develop competitive bid documents through collaboration with stakeholders and content experts to support the agreed-upon contracting strategies.
- Oversee category spend activity including purchase requests, to determine appropriate action plan (I.E., source strategically, source tactically, user purchase, etc.).
- Drive standardization and use of procurement best practices.
- Partner with Category Managers to maintain competitive market data to ensure the Company has an excellent understanding of the supply market, which will further be used for benchmarking and analysis.
- Communicate market trends, risks, and opportunities to key stakeholders and work collaboratively to develop mitigating solutions for project vulnerabilities.
- Effectively work with business groups as a trusted advisor to determine desired product/service specifications and projected demand, when developing action plans.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to create innovative win-win customer and supplier strategies.
- Coordinate with fellow Procurement Specialists to lead cross-functional teams and execute projects by assisting with sourcing strategy, negotiations, supplier selection, and overseeing contract execution.
- Execute SRM process including supplier stratification, governance, performance management, and development.
- Lead CI projects to improve supplier performance, innovation, and overall value.
- Proactively identify category-specific opportunities and recommend key actions to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Participate or Lead improvement initiatives that maximize profitability, while working with stakeholders to develop sourcing strategy options and overall approach to the market.
- The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, or Business Management with a minimum of 5+ years of related experience and a progressive record of professional development OR a combination of post-secondary education and a Professional Designation (I.e. Certified Purchasing Manager, PMP, CSCMP).
- 10+ years of related experience in the following areas: Strategic Sourcing/Procurement, Performance Measurement, Contract Negotiation, Project Management, Category Management, Business Analysis, Spend Analysis, and Supplier Relationship Management.
- The successful candidate must have at least 5 years of experience in the procurement of Materials and Services in a manufacturing and construction environment, handling specific categories including but not limited to Fabrication & Materials, Professional Services, Property Services, and Gases, Lubricants & Oils, Engineering.
- Experience in SAP-ARIBA ERP system and e-sourcing tool.
- Advanced MS Excel skills is considered a strong asset.
- Monday to Friday, 8-hour shifts, 40 hours/week.
- Hybrid Model.