Production Director – Job Description
Location: Halden, Norway
Industries Served: Pharmaceuticals
Group: Management team
Headcount: 700+ in Halden
Reporting to: Plant Manager
The purpose of the position:
The Production Director will, in addition to being responsible for the overall performance of the production department, work strategically with developing the plant in terms of increased capacity, operational performance, quality and profitability.
She will be the natural contact point in the production department for requests that require
major changes of processes, need for extra resources from the production organization or investments.
· 10+ years’ experience within a production related industry
· LEAN manufacturing
· Soft skills, be able to work and lead the team
· Improve processes and reduce costs
· Structural change management within the production plant
· Collaborative personality
· Lead from the front
· Get the job done
· Change and transformation management
· Results driven
Main Remit, Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
· Responsible for overall performance of the production department, work strategically with developing the plant in terms of increased capacity, operational performance, quality, and profitability.
· POC for production department for requests that require major changes of processes.
· Responsible for 8 Direct reports + 400 indirect.
· As a part of the management group of the plant; actively promote and support the work and decisions made by the management group, to optimize the overall plant performance.
· Carry the full responsibility for an economically sound daily operation.
· Responsible for the development and increase of production capacity and productivity through investments and continuous improvement.
· Overall personnel responsibility within the department.
· Direct personnel responsibility for Production Management team.
· Responsible for health and safety within the production department including development and follow-up of systems and plans related to EHS.
· Overall responsibility for ensuring that products are produced and stored according to the appropriate documentation to obtain the required quality.
· The approval of the instructions relating to production operations and to ensure their strict implementation.
· To ensure that the production records are evaluated and signed by an authorized person.
· To ensure the qualification and maintenance of his department, premises, and Equipment.
· To ensure that the appropriate validations are performed.
· To ensure that the required initial and continuing training of his department personnel is carried out and adapted according to need.
· Prepare operational budgets and operational targets for the production department in cooperation with finance department and HR manager.
· Based on potentials and requirements within the department, develop plans for investment together with finance and engineering department. Initiate and push forward the projects and ensure that the approved investments are carried out according to plan.
· Be a driving force for implementing new technology and computer systems that improves our processes. Identify needs and initiate projects and training where necessary.
· Ensure that the plans and systems for training and competence enhancement are aligned with future needs of the department.
· Together with OPEX manager develop and maintain a culture and system for LEAN within all processes in the department.
· Take part in negotiations with the unions as a company representative.
· Participate as one of the company's representatives in the AMU/BU.
· Contact and cooperation with external and internal parties and suppliers.
· Participation in regular management review meetings.
· Negotiations with external and internal parties and suppliers.
· Initiate and promote an active and preventive EHS effort in the department.
· Other tasks can be assigned to the position if needed.
The production Director is responsible for all budgets related to the production department