Broadly experienced engineers who provide strategic, cross-functional and industry leadership that impacts identification of business opportunities, development of technology to address business needs, and application of new or existing technology to advance the general interest. Development of other technical leaders within their primary engineering discipline. Sphere of Influence (across multiple areas where individual has technical and business expertise):
• Internal: Global Upstream
• External: Lead / play a key role in interactions with key project and producing asset partners, competitors, joint ventures, NOCs, industry associations, academia, industry forums such as conferences, and government agencies.
- Technical leadership across multiple projects and/or global producing operations.
- Champion business opportunities they are uniquely qualified to lead, and build expertise in others within those areas of strength.
- Engage internally across all levels, and externally to further Company’s business objectives, with particular emphasis in the technical areas for which the individual has become well known.
- Influence and interface with Senior Management, with emphasis on providing an understanding of technical and business risk.
- Demonstrate authority in your field through influence in Company’s operating units, projects and external technical community.
- Guide others who provide technical leadership for application of established, adapted, and new technologies within capital projects and producing operations.
- Serve in an advisory capacity to Upstream Research on opportunities to enhance business performance through pursuit of new technology or adaptation of existing technologies.
- Expected to have a broad skill set and advanced proficiency in the following skill areas: Wellbore Hydraulics, Well Performance, Completion Design, Workover Design, Fluid Flow & Hydraulics, Operations Support and Surveillance, Artificial Lift, Subsurface Equipment, Wellheads, Trees & Surface Equipment, Wellwork Units, Surveillance & Optimization, Maintenance & Reliability System, Opportunity Generation & Reservoir Surveillance & Optimization, Well Surveillance and Well Performance, Capacity Enhancement and Operations Support and Surveillance.
- Closely related professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering within discipline or equivalent professional experience
- Broad and extensive knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communications