Production Supervisor – Offshore
Brief Job Overview
Key responsibilities and main tasks:
- Ensure subordinate personnel are fully aware of their responsibilities under Management System
- Ensure subordinate personnel apply all safety procedures correctly in the workplace
- Contribute effectively to incident investigation, review and reporting
- Assess the competence of subordinate personnel using company competence assurance system and ensure continuous and timely progress of subordinate personnel.
- Ensure probationary and annual appraisals are completed fairly and consistently in timely manner
- Manage welfare and disciplinary issues at team level with appropriate reference to Superintendent, OIM and Fleet HR
- Ensure full compliance with PTW system, and Risk assessment and verification
- Efficiency improvement and pursuance of company goals
- Maintain effective cost control and promote cost awareness in others
- Report maintenance work required in timely fashion to maximise efficiency and uptime
- Organise personnel and resources effectively
- Demonstrate through exercises and scenarios, knowledge and awareness of emergency response techniques
- Demonstrate knowledge of potential impact of incidents and scenarios on vessel safety and security
- Contribute effectively to preparation of useful exercises and to post exercise/ incident review and investigation
Units Of Competence
- Prepare Process & Utility Systems for start-up.
- Start and Monitor Process and Utility Systems
- Prepare and Shutdown Process and Utility Systems.
- Isolate and reinstate Process and Utility Systems
- Manage and Supervise Effectively
- Contribute to control of critical situations and respond to emergencies
- Monitor and maintain pollution control measures
- Carry out emergency response role
- Provide additional duties as required by the OIM/Unit Spt and /or HOD to maintain safe and efficient running of the Unit.
The experience shall include:
· Proven experience and/or qualified to N/SVQ Hydrocarbon Processing Operations Level 3 or local equivalent.
· 5 years offshore experience
· Minimum 1 year experience as Production Supervisor/Lead Technician
· Experience and knowledge of hydrocarbon processing systems and utilities.
· Good knowledge of ESD and DCS operation
· Supervisory experience of Permit to Work, Mechanical/Electrical Isolation Standards and Risk Assessment.
· Computer literate on Management System 'Office' software packages.
· Medically fit to offshore International standards such as ENG1 or equivalent.
Personal: Conscientious, flexible, versatile and determined. Capable of assertive and positive communication and performance.
Leadership: Good safety and supervisory leadership skills. Good levels of written and spoken communication in English language. Clear understanding of personnel behavioral and team issues. Capable of motivating teams. Flexible in applying different approaches to changing work demands
Technical: Appropriate standard of managerial, technical, and professional knowledge as defined by competences.
IT: Practical familiarity with standard ‘Office’ software package. Operation and use of Internet and electronic mail system.
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry.