Project Controls ManagerAirswift is seeking a Project Controls Manager to work on a 6-month rolling assignment in Aberdeen with a major engineering company.
Brief Job Overview
Airswift is proud to partner with a leading engineering company, who are seeking a Project Controls Manager to be based in Aberdeen to support their project delivery team.
- Act as a 'hands-on' manager by taking a lively interest in all activities of the work relating to Project accounting, Cost Estimating, Cost Control, Project planning, Project document administration, and Systems.
- To participate and give guidance in getting problems solved and the work completed in time.
- Co-operate in the promotion of HSE matters through active participation in HSE Programs and committees.
- Reports hazards, accidents, property damage and substandard actions and conditions. Participate in accident investigations.
- Prepare and supply input to the Project execution and quality plan relating to their disciplines.
- Supervise and co-ordinate the disciplines under their control during the project set-up phase with special care being taken to:
- The consistency of the Work breakdown structure, coding structure and engineering activities on the project.
- Correct application of software programs & systems and ensuring the linking of these systems, respectively the linking with other systems.
- The preparation and approval of the control budget for the project for Cost and Revenue.
- The preparation through the different levels of the planning and scheduling system.
- The defining and setting up of the 'Document management system.
- Ensure adherence to adequate procedures for Project control and Progress measurement as laid down in the Project execution and quality plan.
- Ensure that a project 'Filing and retention system' is set up according to the client's Procedures and Client's requirements.
- Coordination and preparation of a monthly 'Progress Report'.
- Ensure the timely issue of cost reports, planning and scheduling reports, document control reports, progress measure reports, etc. relating to the Project control function.
- Holding regular progress meetings between the various disciplines falling under Project control to ensure consistency of interlinking systems and Work breakdown structure.
- Giving early warning of possible contract variations and advising the Project manager on what impact such variation may have on time, cost and quality for Cost and Revenue.
- Informing the Project manager on the status of payments by the Client of all submitted invoices and advising on possible actions to be taken if delays occur.
- Budget control for the project control part of the project.
- Ensures that the activities between Project accounting, Cost Estimating, Cost Control, Project planning and Project document administration, Project secretarial and System development activities for a project are coordinated.
- The overall performance of Project control is by project and company management requirements.
- The adherence to the client's organization standards, Project execution and quality plan and project procedures.
- Observe HSE rules and procedures at all times and use personal protective equipment and safety devices where required.
Job requisites and experience
- Minimal a bachelor's degree in engineering preferably with training in financial management techniques (or equivalent).
- Experience in engineering & contracting or similar industry in a supervisory capacity, resp. as a Principal or Senior Cost or Planning engineer, resp. (Sr.) Project engineer, on major/large projects.
- Previous experience with financial management and estimating.
- Proven ability to co-ordinate work.