Port Arthur, Texas, United States
Oil & Gas - LNG
August 16, 2023
Airswift is looking for a Project Controls Manager to work with a major LNG Client in Port Arthur, TX, for an initial 1-year assignment.
Project Controls Manager will lead the Port Arthur Pipeline project controls activities at the construction site as necessary to support the E&C project management team objectives, primary interface between E&C and Project Controls and to ensure compliance with internal reporting / procedure requirements. Responsible for the development, implementation, and monitoring of the project controls plan for Port Arthur Pipeline Louisiana Connector project during execution. Also act as a Scheduler, review and evaluation of the contractor schedules, reports, project risks and progress tracking, and support construction, commissioning and start-up through project closeout. This position may also support Port Arthur Texas Connector project controls during the project development stage.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities Estimated % of Time
• Manage the project controls team and provide oversight for scheduling, cost controls, risk management, document controls and assisting in validating estimates and quantities. Interface between the field and home office project controls. Perform approval of timesheets & invoices and manage project control personnel including mentoring and training
• Review and evaluate the critical path method (CPM) schedule submitted by contractor and provide timely feedback, ad hoc project reviews, analysis and provide recommendations and solutions to upper management, and reviews of project reports including monthly and weekly progress and project status.
• Provide recommendations and strategic forward-looking information to support management decision making and presentations and oversight on systems reporting including dashboard for project updates; preparation of board meetings materials and talking points.
• Participate in strategic planning with project team and provide concise actionable recommendations to meet project objectives in the data collection for cost impact and analysis of critical activities in order to meet project objectives.
• Participate in project meetings and interface with Contractor’s Project Controls Team, present project status. 10%
• Provide support to the project team and provide verification on Contractor’s Progress and Payment Curves and manage and interface with Project Cost team on month end accruals. 5%
• Support the project team and provide oversight of progress; cost, quantity and man-hour estimates; input on quantity take-offs, earned values from Contractor agreed Rules of Credit; validation of weekly progress; milestones completion for accuracy and timeliness of invoices.
• Ensure schedule and cost data and information are aligned with contract requirements including interface with contracts team for evaluation of change orders. 5%
• Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties). 5%
Education Level Major/Description Required/ Preferred
Bachelor's Degree Engineering or other discipline with relevant experience. Required
Years of Experience Details Required/ Preferred
8 Strong background in Project Controls of major LNG project (oil, gas, power, pipeline, liquefaction). Required
8 Primavera 6 and MS Project schedule development experience Required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Proficient with the set up and use of Primavera scheduling tools. Advanced
Strong technical management abilities with effective project management and leadership skills. Advanced
Strong understanding of project execution. Advanced
Strong understanding of Earn Value Measurement Systems; Rules of Credit and Chart of Account. Advanced
Strong knowledge of planning, scheduling, estimating, risk analysis, progress tracking and reporting. Intermediate
Possesses strong interpersonal skills; collaborative; self-starter; commitment and dedication through project completion; attention to detail; sound decision-making; and problem-solving abilities to analyze data, identify issues, recommend, develop, and implement solutions. Advanced
Possesses in-depth knowledge of project execution i.e. construction and project completions techniques and practices. Advanced
Ability to manage, develop, and multiple schedules and deliverables in a fast-paced environment. Intermediate
Ability to adapt to change, organize, plan, control, coordinate, and effectively manage cross-functional assignments and teams. Advanced
Sufficient computer literacy to provide quantitative and written reports through the use of spreadsheets, charts, PowerPoint, Visio and Dashboard. Intermediate
Extensive experience with Project Controls Systems for progress and schedule evaluation, analysis and reporting with software program such as MS Project, Primavera 6, Deltek Acumen Fuse, Acumen Risk,SharePoint, Project Controls Management System (PCMS). Advanced
Licenses and Certifications
Enter License/Certifications Required/ Preferred
Transportation Worker Identification Credentials (TWIC)