REPORTS TO: Regional Project Lead
LOCATION: The EGC (East Gulf Coast)-South project region supports Client hydrogen and air separation operating facilities across the southeastern United States. The project office and supporting workforce are located in Gonzales, LA with a heavy concentration of operating facilities on the Mississippi River corridor between Baton Rouge and New Orleans.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead assigned capital projects (standalone plant projects and projects within plant outages) and manage all engineering, design, and construction resources.
- Develop estimates, funding documents, schedule, and ongoing forecasts for plant executed projects within SAP. Maintain projects on budget and schedule
- Ensure inherent process safety is adhered to on all project designs. Facilitate management of change, process hazard reviews, and ORI’s.
- Provide field supervision / support during project execution. Lead Project Safety.
- Hold accountability to quality standards as outlined by Client and Chemicals, Inc.
- Complete project close out and documentation per Client procedures.
- Technical degree (chemical engineering or mechanical engineering preferred)
- 3-10 years’ experience in maintenance and/or engineering disciplines, including industrial outages. Understanding of piping / electrical / instrumentation design and installation preferred.
- Proficient in the use of computers and business software, including Microsoft (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook) OneNote. SAP & Primavera P6 preferred.
- Ability to travel 25-40% of the time depending on assigned workload (includes mileage traveled locally). During outages, 12-hour work days/7 days per week is required to support project execution.
- Obtain TWIC, passport, and refinery access / background checks
- Pass Criminal background investigation. Individuals will be subject to pre-employment, reasonable cause periodic, random, and post-accident drug and alcohol testing.
- Conduct Safety Kickoff Meeting with contractors and operations team prior to start of project execution. Clearly communicate safety goals – 0 Recordables, 0 First Aids
- Ensure all contractors on site for project execution have submitted an Emergency Action Plan prior to mobilization
- Lead daily morning safety / toolbox meetings with all crafts
- Complete JSA reviews and fill out JSA Review form daily during execution of project
- Participate in the Safe Work Permit issuance process with the operations team
- Complete short-term contractor BSP (Basic Safety Process) forms daily during execution of project
- Report all incidents immediately and support initial response, investigations, and RCAs as required.
- Participate in Safety Sampling and Critical Safety Audits during outages
- Attend and contribute to monthly group Safety Meetings
- Strategic thinking and organizational credibility - able to influence business area, engineering and manufacturing managers in decision making process
- Ability to work without close supervision. Self-motivated and willingness to learn. Makes good use of time, completing assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Works professionally and harmoniously with co-workers, supervisors, management, support personnel, program participants, and business-related persons.
- Utilizes positive and constructive attitude toward resolution of problems and conflicts.
- Demonstrates ability to remain calm in demanding situations.
- High ethical standards - unwilling to compromise on worker safety and regulatory compliance requirements
- Maintains confidentiality of written and verbal information pertaining to Client and Chemicals, Inc., its staff, management and participating onsite affiliates.