Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process, and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 7,000 contractors operating in over 60 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry.
Our client is seeking a qualified candidate to support our Clean Fuels team as a hydrogen project engineer on an initial one-year contract. This is a home office engineering position although field assignments may be available if so desired. In this role you would directly impact our goal of aggressively growing our Clean Fuels business.
In this position, you will be responsible for the project engineering associated with hydrogen projects. Project engineering responsibilities span initial concept definition through construction and final commissioning. The position requires continuous coordination with diverse project stakeholders such as origination, development, environmental, procurement, transmission services, third party engineering firms, contractors, and project managers from early stage through construction. A major responsibility in this position is management of third-party engineering firms in support of project completion.
A successful candidate will have experience applying value engineering to balance reliability, cost, and performance for complex systems, along with a thorough knowledge of the various applicable engineering disciplines. Outstanding verbal and written communications skills, along with a proven record of coordinating project stakeholders and mobilizing teams of engineers to achieve business objectives are key attributes. Important skills include experience successfully managing schedules and budgets for major capital projects.
Employees in this role make decisions and recommendations having significant impact on engineering and related activities for the company. This position negotiates critical and controversial issues with engineers and managers within E&C, other departments in our company and external organizations and companies.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrates a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in planning, organizing, and guiding engineering activities
- Manages multiple projects of complex diversity and scope which are of critical importance to overall company objectives
- Performs duties with enthusiasm and bias for action
- Responsible for all engineering related activities for one or multiple projects depending on project complexity
- Performing conceptual engineering and defining project scope
- Observance of safety requirements and ensuring safety criteria are in specifications and design
- Ensure permit, code and standards criteria are in specifications and design
- Writes, conforms and adapts Engineer of Record (EOR), Engineering Consultant, Early Stage Engineering, Construction, Engineer/Procure/Construct (EPC) and Owner furnished equipment specifications and other technical contract documents as needed for each project to put contracts in place (self-performed in areas of expertise, seeks appropriate in-house guidance in areas outside of immediate expertise, and where needed uses 3rd party engineering consultants)
- Reviews Engineer of Record (EOR), Engineering Consultant, Early-Stage Engineering, Contractor, Engineer/Procure/Construct (EPC) and Owner furnished equipment deliverables for contract compliance, adequacy, and completeness (self-performed in areas of expertise, seeks appropriate in-house guidance in areas outside of immediate expertise, and where needed uses third party engineering consultants when necessary)
- Working with company purchasing department to ensure that purchase orders adequately define the specified requirements and contracts are put in place
- Contract reviews (non-legal)
- Project evaluation and planning reviews
- Engineering design and planning reviews
- Schedule Analysis and Optimization
- Cost/Benefit analysis
- Offering technical support in the group
- Ensuring quality control in accordance with project QA/QC procedures, method statements, quality plans and inspection and test plans are in contracts and monitoring
- Review and oversee EPC Contractor design and engineering
- Monitoring of equipment and material compliance with specifications
- Monitoring of engineering to ensure engineering deliverables meet project schedule needs
- Conducting site investigations and inspections to support bidding, contracting efforts and contract compliance
- Checking equipment, materials, and work in progress at the factory or in field for compliance with the specified requirements
- Resolving technical issues with engineers, suppliers, contractors, subcontractors, and statutory authorities
- Ensuring technical reports and record drawings are complete
- Ensuring commissioning and operational and maintenance information is adequate and provided in a timely fashion
- Supporting the project execution with technical knowledge throughout the engineering, construction, and startup phases of the project
- Bachelor’s – Engineering
- Experience: Qualified experience in hydrogen projects with at least 3 years pertinent experience
- Chemical engineering degree
- Knowledge of hydrogen integration with renewable energy (wind/solar)
- Knowledge of conventional hydrogen production through methane reformation and pyrolysis and/or gases production and processing
- Skill in basic engineering calculations using spreadsheets and specific software such as HYSIS
- Field experience in hydrogen plant or gas processing plant
- Skill with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams