Our client a major midstream company is looking for a Project Engineer to work on 12-months contract (temp to perm) on their offices located in Houston, TX.
The role will report to the Facilities Engineering Supervisor and will be located at the Wood engineering office in Houston, Texas.
- This position will have the responsibility to resolve, coordinate, and expedite resolution of issues that the Engineering Contractor is having difficultly bringing to resolution;
- Coordinate with both Company and Contractor discipline Engineers to ensure resolution of design issues and technical evaluations;
- Expedite and assist in procurement of packages to maintain schedule;
- Prepare status updates for package management and manage technical support between engineering home office, vendors, and fabrication site.
- Oversee Woods procurement of all valve packages from Issuing RFQ through delivery
- Assist with design decisions to move the packages during purchasing and delivery phase
- Early identification of design issues and coordination of engineering team to bring the issues to resolution
- Serve as Company's point of contact for all valve packages
- Facilitate vendor data submittal review process and ensure proper distribution within the Company
- Coordinate engineering contractor and vendor activities related to the packages
- Manage the Technical Query System (Orbit), coordinate Technical Query responses, and coordinate Project Specification Deviations
- Ensure project objectives and goals are met and project activities / work are performed and completed according to the agreed schedule
- Coordinate responses to technical audits, HAZOP findings, spec deviations as reported by QA / QC functions, construction site technical queries, etc.
- Ensure project activities / scope of work are according to laws / regulations and standards
- Responsible for the development of diverse documents related to project assurance and project execution
- Participate in project planning and contract strategy processes
- Depending on Experience Level the Candidate may also receive Technical Authority Responsibilities
- Participate on the Incident Management Team as required and attend IMT Trainings and annual exercises
- Bachelors degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering or related field or foreign equivalent
- 7+ years working in the valve industry
- 10+ years of projects / engineering experience in oil and gas / petrochemical industry
- Advanced level technical knowledge of all valves and suppliers
- Advanced level knowledge of rules, regulations, standards, and specifications applicable for major oil & gas facility design
- Willing and able (with or without a reasonable accommodation) to travel up to 20% of the time
- Expert knowledge of valves, prior experience working as valve SME / Technical Authority
- Demonstrated performance as part of a team working large project and interfacing with project leadership
- Advanced level of experience with Arctic North Slope facilities and projects
- Strong multi-tasking skills with ability to manage multiple ongoing activities