Our client seeks a Project Engineer –Mechanical, Kwinana based for an initial 6-month contract with possible extension, immediate start. It is envisaged you will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
Location: Kwinana, WA
Duration: 6-month initial contract
The purpose of the role:
- Manage and coordinate multidiscipline engineering activities to ensure projects are executed in a safe, efficient, cost effective and timely manner.
- Act as primary technical co-ordination interface with client to ensure that the client's expectations are satisfied.
- Ensure the project conforms to the client's approved Basis of Design and all applicable regulatory and code requirements.
- Establish, maintain and build healthy client relationships and resolve project issues as required with the client.
- Proactively resolve performance, scope and schedule issues with the Client as they arise.
- Ensure compliance with clients' management process.
- Ensure compliance with requirements of the contract.
- Apply effective change control process.
- Monitor cost aspects of the project within direct control and forecast final costs, identify trends and take action to avoid cost overruns.
- Focus the relevant team members on achievement of milestones and other key project objectives.
- Effective communication with the design team and third parties.
- Accurate, timely and effective reporting to the Project Manager.
- Monitor the closure of all identified risks in the risk register and proactively search for other areas in the project which may be a risk in the future.
- Set clear objectives to the design team and manages inter-discipline interfaces effectively.
- Ensure the design team aware of, and complies with, client's requirements and applicable regulations and codes.
- Assist as required the procurement processes throughout the project to ensure goods meet specification, are delivered on time and are within budget.
What you will bring
Technical and Industry Experience
- Previous technical, practical and leadership experience in the mechanical discipline and proven experience in leading a mechanical design group.
A recognised engineering degree or equivalent.
Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status.
Please apply direct through the link or send your CV to Patrick Chick on email@example.com