Our client seeks a Project Manager to join the sustaining capital group to predominately manage projects with BHP. This role would suit a Senior Project Engineer looking for the next step in the career. Must come from an Iron Ore background. Any background considered.
- Typically manages multiple small projects, a single medium project or a portion of a large or mega project within the organization and/or for customers, with daily operational responsibilities
- Responsible for implementing and administering project policies and procedures in order to successfully achieve project objectives
- Works with others on the project team to develop technical/functional solutions to strategic project objectives
- Is competent to assist in larger projects in any project function
- Can effectively manage client stakeholders independently
- Applies knowledge of all aspects of a project (engineering, procurement, quality control, etc.) to oversee the successful execution of the project plan
- Demonstrated understanding of engineering project delivery workflow and coordination
- Applies in?depth knowledge of customer contract to the oversight and management of the project
- Strong understanding and application of business drivers, financial reporting standards
- Tracks cost and schedule and uses analytical skill to forecast trends
- Project design deliverables and design quantities are tracked and analyzed
- Understands project cost buildup including gross margin
- Ensures proper change control processes are understood and used by the project team
- Understands contract invoice terms and company cash flow requirements, including accounts receivable, work in progress, and days sales outstanding (DSO) metrics
Typically 12+ years engineering experience, including 10 years of relevant supervisory, project management and/or technical experience; Workshare experience; E, EP project experience
Demonstrated PM experience leading small and medium projects or portions of large projects; EPCM, EPC including site assignments
Advanced understanding of systems, processes and tools related to field
Competent in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams and PowerPoint.
Can organize information from many sources and retain as per the prescribed format and policies
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
A recognised engineering degree in the relevant discipline or equivalent
Professional registration in local jurisdiction; Certified Project Management Professional by a globally recognized project management organization (IPMA, APM, PMI, AIPM).