At BMD, our business is our people and our unique history spans over 42 years’ of safely delivering infrastructure which connects people. As one of Australia’s largest privately-owned civil engineering, construction and land development companies, we offer career opportunities across diverse sectors in both metropolitan and regional locations. BMD Urban is the largest urban development contractor in Australia delivering minor infrastructure upgrades, residents and commercial land development.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to energize a collaborative team across the delivery of a portfolio of urban development projects in Melbourne, VIC. You will provide onsite engineering services and technical support to fearlessly strive towards safety, environmental, specification, design and contractual requirements across your portfolio of projects. With a robust pipeline of projects ahead with clients including the Greater Melbourne Councils and Shires and Utility Providers, you will have opportunities to build a long-term career with an employer who fosters a high performing, transparent and accountable culture. You will be a natural relationship builder with excellent communication skills and proven technical expertise to:
• effectively deliver programming, staging and construction methodologies
• achieve compliance with relevant legislation, regulations and standards
• manage team outputs across profitability, efficiency and human relations
• lead monthly assessments and forecasts of projects’ financial performance
• build effective relationships with repeat clients and consultants
• ensure a safe working environment.
• a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
• over 10 years’ experience in the civil construction industry with over two years’ experience in project management
• experience in land development, residential subdivisions, earthworks, drainage and road construction
• a collaborative management style to build a close outcome focused team
• strong commercial acumen, leadership and negotiation skills
• stakeholder and client engagement experience.
• essential service industry providing job security and a robust pipeline of projects ahead
• career development and growth opportunities
• family-owned business offering a unique culture and access to leaders that value your contribution, reward excellence and encourage long-term careers
• health and wellbeing program
• management motor vehicle provided
• paid parental leave for primary and secondary careers and flexible work arrangements available.
BMD recognises that we are strengthened by diversity and we embrace differences as an equal opportunity employer, providing a flexible and inclusive workplace that empowers our people and supports individual needs.
For more about us, head to www.bmd.com.au