Project Manager - Cincinnati, OH
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking a Project Manager to work within their facilities located in Cincinnati, OH, for a 1year assignment.
This position manages a wide variety of project types. The majority are substation equipment replacement programs that are high volume, low complexity types of programs. This position also has a variety of Telecom-related projects where the Telecom Department has a need to replace equipment within a substation. Equipment failures are also included in this position’s portfolio. These failures are urgent in nature with a very fast-paced timeline. There is also a possibility that small pole replacement projects could be included in the portfolio of this position.
In all, this position manages the portfolio assigned through the established project process, but with a quicker-paced approach. This position would benefit from having Transmission or utility experience, especially Substation project experience. This position is required to forecast monthly and annual project spending for each project within the portfolio and explain variances of their forecasts. This position will be in the field, inside active substations and walking the land easements of our pole lines.
- Minimum of 5 years of project management experience. Graduation from a two-year college or university.
- Working knowledge of project management principles.
- Working Knowledge to Proficiency in Project Management, Decision Making, Critical Thinking, and Problem Solving; Project related work experience; Risk Management; Project Leadership; Proven Collaborative Team Member.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university.
- Utility Technical Certifications/Training; PMI (PMP or CAPM) Certification; CMII certificates; Professional Engineer License. Working knowledge to proficiency in project related Scheduling/ Cost Controls.
- Experience in the utility industry.
- Knowledge of construction management.