Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry.
I&C Project Manager I/II
Airswift is seeking an I&C Project Manager I/II to join our Nuclear client on a long-term assignment in Brunswick, NC. This position is on-site on a 4/10 schedule.
Per diem and mob/demob offered.
Project: Digital Upgrade Project.
The Project Manager will be responsible for conducting Digital Upgrades.
The Instrumentation and Controls (I&C) systems of a nuclear power plant (NPP) function as the "nervous system" of the plant. They provide operators with critical safety information on plant operation, allow operators to control various plant safety systems during routine operations, and automatically protect the reactor core during potential accident events. These systems may employ digital technologies.
Digital technologies can be used to combine safety functions together for improved control and increased operational efficiency. Digital systems can also improve the self-diagnostics of automatic plant protection systems. Finally, the increased use of digital technology is expected to improve safety. These benefits have been demonstrated in domestic and foreign nuclear facilities, as well as other non-nuclear process industries (e.g. petrochemical). New reactor designs have highly integrated digital systems, and the existing fleet of operating reactors are implementing digital upgrades to address obsolescence issues with analog equipment.Operating reactors in the U.S. want to more efficiently integrate and implement digital upgrades into plant systems to address obsolescence issues with analog components and improve overall plant reliability. In addition, new reactor designs continue to employ highly integrated digital I&C designs for safe and efficient operation of future plants.
This position is typically retained to manage multiple Green I or Green II projects per the Project Management Center of Excellence Project Profile Matrix.
- Minimum of 3 years of project management experience
- Controls Systems experience - I&C experience.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university.
- Proficient in project management principles.
- Someone with Entry level IT background could be a good fit.
- Chemicals or any type of manufacturing industry background could also be a good fit.
- Masters - business (MBA), project management, or equivalent.
- Utility Technical Certifications/Training;
- MP or CAPM Certification;
- CMII/Construction Certifications;
- Professional Engineer License.
- Working knowledge to proficiency in project related Scheduling/ Cost Controls.
- Experience in utility industry.
- Knowledge in construction management.