We are looking for a Project Manager to successfully deliver a number of small to medium-sized projects for a given plant Area(s) or program within cost, schedule, and quality in accordance with the client’s requirements.
This role is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual who has a strong work ethic and who enjoys working in a team environment. Under the guidance of the Area Leader and supervision of the Project Delivery Coordinator, the Senior Project Manager is responsible for:
- Providing HSE leadership to ensure the safety of employees and contractors while protecting the environment.
- Delivering project management activities: early studies, engineering, operational readiness, construction, commissioning, and handover to operations.
- Set and maintain project budgets and schedules to meet internal and external commitments.
- Engage and manage engineering service providers to ensure project objectives are met.
- Prepare, review, and issue tender documentation.
- Source, procure, and engage suppliers and specialized subcontractors.
- Create and maintain project documentation in the different phases to meet Kitimat and Atlantic operations requirements.
- Engage and manage area stakeholders to ensure alignment and the best solution is selected and implemented to meet the business requirements.
- Preparing presentations to investment committee and participating in investment meetings.
- Maintaining positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders to promote teamwork, excellence, and team engagement.
- Supporting a culture of continuous improvement in project management and control.
- Developing constructive relationships and collaboration with team colleagues, clients, and stakeholders.
- Addressing issues and concerns in a positive and constructive manner with colleagues, clients, and stakeholders.
- Engaging and progressing objectives and personal development plan with the Project Delivery Coordinator.
- Leadership and people management skills.
- Effective written and communication skills.
- University diploma in Engineering or a Technical college degree in a relevant field.
- Registration or eligibility for registration as a Professional Engineer in British Columbia.
- An Engineer-In-Training with related experience can be considered.
- Project management training (PMP or master in project management) is a definitive asset.
- At least 15 + years of experience in construction/industrial environment.
- A proven track record of site management with safety, customer service, and financial responsibilities.
- Sound understanding of project controls and project reporting requirements.
- Managed 5M to 20M+ million-dollar multi-discipline projects.
- Experience in managing and delivering capital brownfield projects from concept to close-out.
- Proven commercial acumen.
- Knowledge of the organization’s policies and standard practices.
- Exposure to the Company project management framework is advantageous.
- Monday to Friday, 8-hour shifts, 40 hours/week.
- The position can be remote with frequent travel required to effectively manage the project.