Project Team Lead - Mechanical – Kwinana, WA
Our client is seeking a Project Team Lead - Mechanical to work within their facilities located in Kwinana on a 12-month initial contract.
Title: Project Team Lead - Mechanical
Start Date: Negotiable
Employment Type: 12-month initial contract
Location: Kwinana, WA
Working Schedule: Mon – Fri, 8-hour days
We are seeking a Project Team Lead - Mechanical for a 12-month contract role based in Kwinana. The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall delivery of the projects supporting the client’s refinery operations, ensuring compliance with project management processes and standards. This position requires effective coordination of multiple stakeholders and excellent client relationship management.
- Lead and manage the project team to deliver projects in compliance with standards, procedures, and guidelines.
- Coordinate with stakeholders, including plant operations, and ensure healthy client relationships throughout the project phase.
- Proactively resolve performance, scope, cost, and schedule issues with the client as they arise.
- Manage the coordination and interface with vendors, implementation contractors, and other third parties to ensure safe, efficient, cost-effective, and timely project execution.
- Identify and manage scope changes/developments and apply change management processes when required.
- Analyse weekly cost and schedule progress reporting and communicate clear assessments of performance to client-side management teams.
- Coordinate with the Construction Team and monitor safety, environment, cost, schedule, and quality for each construction package.
- Recognised degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant engineering experience, with 5 years of relevant supervisory/project management experience being essential.
- Previous experience in the mining, minerals, and metals industry is essential, with desirable experience in alumina refineries.
- Proven track record of managing and delivering mechanical projects in mineral sands, battery minerals, copper, nickel or alumina is preferred.
- Sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Competent use of mechanical engineering specific software.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients.
With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Only candidates located within Australia, with full Australian working rights will be considered.
For further information please contact Patrick Chick via +61 8 6146 4363 or firstname.lastname@example.org
AS Job Number: 1188764