Responsible for supporting the Construction Surveillance Programs and for ensuring the effective implementation of Contractor’s Quality Management System, in relation to:
- Onshore Brownfield Construction
- Offshore Brownfield Construction
- Onshore Pipeline Construction
Job Context & Major Challenge(s):
Analyse data effectively and decide on which information is relevant to Project
Communication and influencing of various organizations acting globally in a multi-cultural environment.
Managing brownfield and offshore work locations
Manages the resolution of problems in more demanding and less familiar situations using precedent and own acquired knowledge.
Key Job Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Implement the Construction Surveillance Program to confirm that all fabrication, construction and installation activities are compliant with project specifications , including:
- Development of Construction Surveillance plan for each onshore and offshore brownfield construction activity identifying key inspection interventions
- Reviewing and approving Contractors and Subcontractors Inspection & Test Plans, quality control procedures and testing procedures
- Implementing quality control over welding processes including establishment of welding procedure qualifications, qualification of welders, control of welding consumables, surveillance of welding & NDE activity, monitoring welding KPIs and identifying corrective action to remedy poor performance
- Attending regular construction meetings with Contractor and subcontractor to monitor progress and review and resolve quality issues arising
- Assigning and managing inspection resources using QG approved Site Inspection Services (SIS) agencies to conduct surveillance inspections at fabrication and laydown yards and on offshore vessels and worksites
- Conducting Flawless Quality training programs in conjunction with Contractor to eliminate common defects
- Conducting regular site walk-throughs with construction worksites teams to highlight quality and safety issues and identify areas for improvement
- Ensure that inspection records are maintained in a database that is aligned with completions management system to ensure a smooth handover to commissioning
- Implement Deficiency Management Program to ensure that deficiencies and non-conformances relating to offshore construction and installation are identified, recorded, investigated and resolved to maintain compliance with project requirements
- Actively participate in:
- Quality Audit Program to confirm that brownfield construction activities are conducted in accordance with agreed plans and implement:
- Lessons Learned Program to actively and continuously capture learnings from brownfield construction activities and to use them to develop and optimise process or specification improvements
- Issues and Risks Program relating to brownfield construction activities and ensure that issues and risks are captured and treated promptly and effectively
- Implement Quality Reporting Program to monitor brownfield construction activities; and to communicate and report on quality performance, issues and risks, and developing trends to Quality Division Manager; Brownfield Construction Teams
- Maintain interfaces, including with:
- Onshore and Offshore Brownfield Teams to ensure that quality issues are resolved promptly and effectively
- Materials & Welding Specialist (QC) and Materials Engineer to ensure that welding related quality issues are identified, communicated and rectified
- Operations Team to ensure that quality issues arising at brownfield worksites are resolved promptly and effectively
- Systems Completion Team to ensure that inspection records are aligned with and support systems completion
- Project Management Team to provide feedback on quality issues; to expedite closure of lessons learned; to provide feedback on quality performance generally
- Actively participate in safety management programs including attendance at site safety walks and issuance of observation cards
- Conduct other quality related tasks as directed by Quality Division Manager
Person Specification – Minimum Requirements
Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Welding or equivalent
Additional quality, welding or NDE inspection related qualifications
Knowledge and/or Experience:
- Minimum of 15 years broad experience in execution of major oil & gas projects, including at least 10 years involvement in the construction of major offshore and onshore production facilities
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a supervisory capacity of quality or inspection
- Minimum five years experience working in the Middle East, with prior experience executing projects within the State of Qatar strongly preferred.
Technical and Business Skills:
Excellent written and verbal English language communication skills.
Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to influence decisions using presentation, negotiation and facilitation skills.
Ability to manage development and implementation of Projects Managements Systems adapted to Oil & Gas industry.
Ability to interact with senior leaders and shareholders confidently.
Requires strong analytical, organisational and planning skills