Airswift is currently looking for EPCI Quality Lead to work with our Client O&G Operator.
Starting date: October
Location: Paris, France
Duration: 12 months renewable contract
EPCI Quality Lead – EPCI Team, Upstream
The EPCI Quality Lead reports to the EPCI/Upstream Quality Manager and is accountable for the management and delivery of the quality activities related to the Offshore Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Installation (EPCI) Contract.
At peak the Company Team reporting to the Upstream Quality Manager is expected to be circa 4 no. full time positions. In addition, there will be further quality related personnel embedded into the EPCI Teams across various sites including the USA (Spool base), UAE (Fabrication Yard) and Mozambique (Onshore LNG site and pipelay / construction vessels). EPCI Team is setup whereby the site-based Quality Team members are responsible to the local site management for ensuring delivery of the quality scope at that site.
The EPCI Quality Lead shall assume Company responsibility for delivery of the required quality activities to support the EPCI scope working in conjunction with his counterparts in the EPCI Contractor and other members of the Company Project Team. The job holder is expected to ensure that a robust fit for purpose quality scope is delivered in line with agreed execution plans, technical requirements, and Project HSEQ requirements.
Normally resident in the offices of the consortium in the Europe there will be a need for the incumbent to travel on regular missions to; the fabrication site, offshore installation vessels, Mozambique and other project locations where work is ongoing.
- Provide management and leadership to direct reports within the Quality Team during all project phases.
- Monitor and manage all facets of quality activities within the EPCI scope of work to ensure that quality requirements are, as a minimum, met or improved upon.
- Implement a quality readiness process (part of a wider work readiness process) to ensure a progressive preparation is made by both MTV and Company towards the start of site activities and that this is documented.
- Establish a Quality Team organization (with organization chart and mob / demob plan) matched to the relevant project phases and ensure that resources are identified, mobilized and demobilized in accordance with the plan – including provisioning of TPIs as needed.
- Bring to earliest attention of EPCI/Upstream Quality Manager quality issues which present a significant threat to the Project and in addition offer mitigating measures / work plans.
- Review Contractor documentation (plans, procedures, risk assessments, reports etc.) and prepare Company project documentation as required.
- Contribute to lessons learned processes.
- Ensure all quality activities are performed in compliance with project contractual and technical requirements and are fit for purpose.
- Liaise with Company HQ subject matter experts to resolve quality issues.
- Lead / participate in quality assurance program audit activities.
- Provide effective leadership in Quality performance and compliance across EPCI scope activities.
- Management of quality scope delivery and Quality Team during the project execution/installation phase.
- Minimum of 15 years relevant track record with quality assurance and quality control activities related to engineering, fabrication, procurement, offshore installation (from construction vessels) and pre-commissioning.
- Ability to manage interfaces between multiple contractors.
- Fluency in the English language.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT:
- US $20 Billion investment, 17,000-acre LNG facility site that includes private airstrip, marine facilities, and 18 subsea wells - 5-year construction period, delivered utilizing a staff of 1500+ employees and contractors based in Houston, Milan, Paris, Singapore and Mozambique
- 12.88 MTPA from? 2 Initial Trains? - 25-year production period
- Mozambique LNG is a subsea (1,400m) to shore dry gas field development located in the norther part of Mozambique