We are working with a Major Oil & Gas operator to source for Quality Lead – Fabrication & Offshore specialising in offshore compression. The position will be based at site and is Responsible for implementing the QG project quality program and ensuring the effective implementation of Contractor’s quality management system, during yard fabrication and offshore installation activity as part of multi-billion Compression project.
This is a long-term contract role working on a residential basis 6-days per week / 10 hours per day. Please see details below:
Title: Quality Lead – Fabrication & Offshore
Start Date: Negotiable (typically within 1 month notice)
Duration: 36 months (potential for extension)
Location: Onshore (site based)
Working Schedule: 6-days per week / 10 hours per day
The North Field Compression project is linked to North Field Expansion (NFE) project and North Field sustainability project which aims to increase current production from the North Field by 30% or 4.6 bcf/d, thereby increasing LNG production capacity from 77 of 110 mtpa.
The North Field Production Sustainability Compression project will be phased with up to eight implemented hubs.
This will include:
- At least five huge offshore compression platforms, likely to weigh between 25,000 and 35,000 tonnes each, - Flare towers
- Living quarter platforms
- Several brownfield tie-ins and onshore fuel gas compression facilities
The first phase will involve:
- One compression platform
- One accommodation platform
- One wellhead platform
- Two 32-inch fuel gas pipelines
- Brownfield work
Implement the Project Quality Plan and ensure the effective implementation of Contractor’s Project Quality Management System and procedures at the Construction Site(s) to ensure that all project activities are compliant with project specifications, including:
Implement the Construction Surveillance Program to confirm that all onshore construction activities are compliant with project specifications, including:
- Develop Fabrication Surveillance Plan and Installation Surveillance Plan for each fabrication and installation activity identifying key inspection interventions
- Reviewing and approving Contractors and Subcontractors Inspection & Test Plans, quality control procedures and testing procedures
- Implementing quality control over welding processes including monitoring of welding procedure qualifications, qualification of welders, control of welding consumables, surveillance of welding & NDE activity, monitoring welding KPIs and identifying corrective action to remedy poor performance
- Attending regular construction meetings with Contractor and subcontractors to monitor progress and review and resolve quality issues arising.
- Managing inspection resources using QG approved Site Inspection Service (SIS) agencies to conduct surveillance inspections at construction site(s) and offsite facilities such as spool shops
- Conducting Flawless Quality training programs and Welding training programs in conjunction with Contractor to eliminate common defects
- Conducting regular site walk-throughs with construction site management team to highlight quality and safety issues and identify areas for improvement
- Ensure that inspection records are maintained in a database that is aligned with completions management system to ensure a smooth handover to commissioning.
Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
CSWIP 3.2 Senior Welding Inspector or equivalent
Additional quality, welding or NDE inspection related qualifications
Knowledge and/or Experience
Minimum of 10 years broad experience in execution of major oil & gas projects, including at least 8 years involvement in the fabrication amd installation of subsea pipelines
Minimum of 8 years experience in a supervisory capacity of quality or inspection
Technical and Business Skills
Excellent written and verbal English language communication skills.
Ability to manage development and implementation of Quality Management Systems adapted to Oil & Gas industry.
Requires strong analytical, organisational and planning skills