Airswift is seeking a Quality Manager role in Taiwan for a major Aerospace company.
Job SummaryEnsures the plans and performance of the quality control and assurance programs within the organization meet or exceed management expectations. Manage the technical accuracy of the repairs and ensure compliance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) specifications and industry standards. Provides leadership to institutionalize the processes of Continuous Improvement in accordance with organization goals and objectives.
• Accomplishes results through direct reports and staff working within established organizational objectives. Performs typical responsibilities of management requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and coaching. Work is reviewed for adequacy in meeting cost, schedule and quality objectives.
• Directs workers engaged in quality assurance activities to ensure continuous control and improvement of Quality processes. Designs and implements Quality training programs for key personnel in conjunction with managers. Provides expertise and guidance in interpreting government regulations, regulatory agency guidelines and internal policies to ensure compliance. Interprets quality philosophy to key personnel in organization.
• Directs workers engaged in measuring and testing product and tabulating data concerning materials, product, or process quality and reliability. Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities.
• Creates and implements inspection criteria and procedures
• Develops and analyzes statistical data and product specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy of finished product. Confers with engineering regarding quality issues of new product designs.
• Tests raw material and finished product to quality controls to ensure compliance with quality standards, customer specifications and applicable government regulations.
• Stays abreast of the latest advances in inspection techniques and standards. Ensures inspection personnel have the required levels of proficiency and certification in the various inspection disciplines.
1. Minimum 4 years Bachelors Degree in applicable discipline
2. International Auditor and Training Certification, Associate (IATCA) or the ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board (ANAB)
3. 10 years working experience in Aerospace, knowledgeable in FAA regulations, Coordinated Agency Supplier Evaluation, ISO 9001 and requirements
4. Fluent in English, perform basic mathematical calculations and learn to interpret and comprehend procedures in an aerospace manufacturing environment.
5. Able to make formal presentations to small or large internal and external groups.
6. Preferred candidates: already on site in Taiwan
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry