- Ensure Engineering Dossier are delivered with a robust corrosion and material selection engineering definition and fit for purpose design that can be procured, fabricated, transported, installed, and operated safely, meeting the requirements of the organization's standard, project basis of design, and SOR.
- Ensure assigned project tasks are well managed in accordance with the project execution plan and contractual requirements that includes:
- Thorough, efficient, and timely review of project corrosion discipline documents, realization of potential derogations to the standards, and challenge the design to achieve an optimize and fit for purpose outcome
- Providing specialist technical expertise in corrosion engineering, material selection, cathodic protection design and calculation.
- Assisting to required corrosion discipline qualifications and tests, as well as project studies and meetings related to the corrosion discipline as per project approved gate levels and design maturity
- Identifying potential risks and scope changes within the corrosion discipline, conducting initial impact assessment to provide detailed information to Package Engineering Coordinator.
Ensure Engineering Dossier are delivered with a robust corrosion and material selection engineering definition and fit for purpose design that can be procured, fabricated, transported, installed, and operated safely, meeting the requirements of the organization's standard, project basis of design, and SOR.
- Ensure and coordinate the proper realization of the corrosion design and material selection for project facilities in compliance with the organization's standard, project specifications and procedures, time schedule, required level of quality and safety
- Challenge EPCIC Contractor on the proposed design, oversee the development of the corrosion management specification procedures and material selection.
- Identify corrosion engineering and material selection technical decisions to be made. Define and manage clear way forward for these decisions to be made and report to Package Engineering Coordinator.
- Contribute to the proper realization of the identification of and specification of the LLI
- Ensure close coordination with other disciplines on all engineering, constructability and operational matters,
- Ensure that relevant feedback/lesson learned from previous similar projects are considered in the design performance.
- Assist in planning and preparation of corrosion discipline kick-off meeting with EPC Contractor
- Support procurement engineering including TBEs, and vendor documents review and assist in manufacture site visit.
- Assist during execution of fabrication, transportation, and installation, liaise with QC resident personnel and site representative.
- Support fabrication and construction engineering on review of engineering documents, modification approval, non-conformity reviews and assist in closer of punch lists
- Support project during installation and hookup stage and review/approval work-pack, review of red-marks
Thorough, efficient, and timely review of project corrosion discipline documents, realization of potential derogations to the standards, and challenge the design to achieve an optimize and fit for purpose outcome
Providing specialist technical expertise in corrosion engineering, material selection, cathodic protection design and calculation.
- Ensure documents related to the corrosion engineering, material selection, cathodic protection, commented in a timely manner and in accordance with the organization's standards, project specification and contractual requirements.
- Identify any optimization / improvement in the design dossier to be implemented in the early stage of detailed design, promote, and encourage submissions of value engineering proposals.
- Promote fit for purpose design to reduce and to optimize planning and costs,
- Coordinate and issue project response to contractors and vendors requests on engineering design clarifications and TQR.
- Identify the protentional deviations/derogations to the organization and assist in preparation of deviation package
- Consult E&C department to corrosion derogation requests and interface with relevant TRP to secure needed approvals
- Review of final project documentation including final dossiers and as-built documents.
Assisting to the required corrosion discipline qualifications and tests, as well as project studies and meetings related to the corrosion discipline as per project approved gate levels and design maturity
- Prepare and manage scope of work for application tests and qualifications.
- Oversee the development, qualification and approval of Corrosion procedures
- Assist to plant qualifications, procedure application tests, Factory Acceptance Test (FAT), Site Acceptance Test (SAT) in close coordination with QA/QC team
- Assist in review of related ITPs and attend the inspection as required
- Assist Package Engineering Coordinator to define, follow up and evaluate the corrosion reviews/ studies to be carried out by Contractors, ensure the studies completed as per approved project gate and maturity.
- Attend to project studies including model review, HAZID, HAZOP, constructability review, PRs.
- Provide technical answers and clarifications to internal project audit sessions (PR, HAZOP, HAZID, etc.…).
- Participate in weekly engineering meetings with Contractors, and in specific ad hoc meetings as required by management.
- Assist in preparation of engineering progress reports detailing corrosion discipline progress across schedule. risks and technical issues to ensure accurate and timely information available to Package Management Team
Identifying potential risks and scope changes within the corrosion discipline, conducting initial impact assessment to provide detailed information to Package Engineering Coordinator.
- Identify potential engineering scope change related to corrosion discipline, carry out initial technical assessment in order to provide accurate information to Package Engineering Coordinator.
- Ensure the design follows the approved SOR, basis of design and project standards, captured and manage any changes as per project change management plan.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
- The scope of activities will concern green field (new development), brownfield activities (on existing platforms) and integration works. The activities include the review and comment of engineering and vendor documentation to ensure compliance with design dossier, SOR, Company specifications,
- Major Projects involve the development of new offshore platforms, integration to the existing facilities, installation of subsea pipelines, debottlenecking of existing functions, all these activities will be executed across several international sites. Projects involves complex interfaces with other entities of the organization.
- Engineering development take place EPCIC Engineering premises and then project team will move to fabrication yard of the Contractor.
- Possibility of multiple worldwide missions or relocations to follow-up engineering development with various contractors.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Qualification: Engineering degree in Material and Corrosion Engineering.
- Experience: minimum10 years’ experience, in Corrosion engineering and material selection in offshore Oil and Gas industry.
- Corrosion engineering qualification (NACE or other certificates will be advantage)
- Engineering experience is required on wellhead platform, topsides, structure, piping, pressure vessels and practical knowledge of applicable codes and standards such as EN, ISO, ASTM, NACE and SSPC
- Strong leadership skills and good communication skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Familiar with Total general specifications is a plus, and with relevant codes and standards,
- Language: Fluent English
- Ability to work on projects in a complex and multicultural environment.