One of our major clients in the Energy Oil & Gas industry is seeking an SAP Technician to join them on a 7-month contract in Lloydminster, SK.
The client is looking for an SAP Plant Maintenance Data Technician to support the SAP Master Data Team. The professional will be responsible for the accurate digital representation of the Company’s facility, well, and equipment data in a Maintenance Management System (SAP).
This position requires a technically minded individual who has experience with data management, data governance, and data administration of Maintenance Management Systems such as SAP, Maximo, JD Edwards, or similar.
- Apply technical knowledge of data management, data governance, and data administration methodologies to ensure exceptional data quality.
- Adhere to the work methods and procedures within an overall data management program.
- Investigate and collaborate with internal and external teams to verify data and documents before accurately entering the data into SAP in accordance with Company’s standards.
- Work as a team to make decisions based on standards and training and work independently to administrate data within SAP.
- Influence SAP users and stakeholders to maintain data quality standards.
- Recommend data management objectives, standards, procedures, and work practices, and may have the opportunity to manage initiatives related to data improvement.
- Interpret data from multiple sources and turn it into information for decision makers.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Minimum High School Diploma.
- Business/Technical Diploma and/or equivalent training is an asset.
- Experience with SAP, or asset management software is an asset.
- Oil and Gas equipment knowledge is an asset.
- Technical and functional knowledge of SAP systems is an asset.
- Attention to detail and ability to accurately assess information to make decisions is key to this role.
- Ability to follow defined processes to complete work.
- Attention to detail - able to find errors and anomalies in large data sets.
- Critical thinking - able to investigate and determine a course of action based on findings
- Ability to accurately assess information to make decisions.
- Effective communication skills with field and office personnel.
- Able to adapt to changing priorities to meet deadlines.
- Able to organize and manage multiple work streams.
- Monday to Friday, 8-hour shifts – 40 hours/week.