Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking a Scheduler/ Cost Analyst to work within their company located in Indiantown, FL for a 1-year assignment.
This position includes two primary roles including (1) Scheduler and (2) Cost Analyst. Depending on the size of a particular project, a single person may perform one or both of these roles.
Scheduler Role. This position develops, communicates, maintains, and analyzes project schedules, primarily for power plant overhauls. Specific responsibilities include:
- Review Asset Management System (Maximo) project for work order/task understanding
- Utilize Maximo project to develop project schedule in Primavera and/or Microsoft Project software, integrating all work orders/tasks and plant operational activities into a critical path/resource-loaded schedule
- Engage and collaborate with all project stakeholders in the development and maintenance of the schedule to assure schedule accuracy/practicality as well as “buy-in” from each stakeholder; stakeholders include work order planners, execution supervisors/coordinators, staff engineers, plant personnel, contractors, etc.
- Maintain project schedule throughout the project, utilizing the schedule as a tool to analyze the project end date, task sequencing, resource loading, etc. Provide analytical direction to Outage Manager and supervisors/coordinators to optimize the schedule
Cost Analyst Role. This position completes cash flow and forecast management analysis to support various overhaul projects, and effectively communicates the results to senior and executive leadership. To be successful, a high level of expertise in Excel and experience in financial modelling is required.
- Performs all cost accounting activities including variance analysis, standard cost development, activity-based costing, and inventory control
- Ensures accurate accounting treatment and capital postings for capital reporting, variance explanations, and progress reporting against budgets
- Supports new lines of business and finds ways to reduce overhead cost per job
- Prepares and distributes financial reports and indicators and explains financial results to non-financial audiences
- Communicates and explains operational performance through Profit and Loss
- Collaborates effectively with colleagues from all departments
- Leads and executes process improvement projects using Six Sigma principles
- Manages internal controls processes and identifies and mitigates control weaknesses
- Develops broad technical and communication skills through self-study and internal and external training opportunities
- Strong knowledge and a minimum of 2 years of experience power plant maintenance (preferred)
- Proficiency in schedule development
- Experience with IBM Maximo or similar asset management software, SAP, Excel PowerPivot, Microsoft Business Intelligence, and Microsoft Project and/or Primavera
- Six Sigma Certification; Yellow Belt or higher (preferred)