Overview of the role:
- SCM Engineer for Oil & Gas project
- She/he manages procurement of “engineered” materials and/or services as allocated by the Project SCM Manager
- She/he is globally responsible and accountable for the final delivery of the materials/services as per the requirements of the Project: technical specification, safety performance, budget, schedule, quality, contractual risks, etc.
- He coordinates with other disciplines (Engineering, QA, QC & HSE) to ensure all requirements are included in pre-qualification and tender documents – including contractual flowdowns - and prepare/issue the Request for Quotation to the suppliers of the Bidders list using SAP Ariba tool.
- He coordinates with other disciplines to ensure the review and the clarification of all bids (he runs contractual, commercial and schedule analysis and he liaises and coordinates with other disciplines for on-time review and clarification of technical, quality and HSE sections).
- He is responsible and accountable to finalise the bid summary and make the recommendation to the Project SCM Manager and to the Project Manager.
- He performs commercial negotiation and ensure the best deal for our client.
- He prepares the Subcontract document
- He prepares the Supplier Commitment Approval (SCA) and the contractual deviation matrix for Management approval
- He creates PR & PO in SAP and expedites their approval.
- He ensures prompt signature of the Subcontract
Post Award Management
- He understands the requirements of the Project (scope of work, delivery schedule, budget, flow-down conditions) and how the PO integrates in the Project execution plan and interfaces with other Project activities.
- He understands the product and the execution strategy of the Supplier, its procurement and subcontracting strategy, the key engineering and manufacturing steps and the associated risks.
- He understands the risks of the PO and proactively develop mitigation measures with the relevant project stakeholders.
- He organizes necessary audits, KOM and PPMs. He monitors and expedites the progress of the Supplier documentation (issuance by the Supplier and review / approval by S7 and Client) and the timely treatment of Technical Queries, Deviation Requests and Non-Compliance Reports.
- He raises the awareness of the Project Team on PO issues that could affect the performance of the Project and lead their resolution with the support of the relevant project stakeholders.
- He reports to the Project SCM Manager and is the focal point of contact with the Supplier for all commercial, contractual, progress and coordination matters.
- He liaises with the Package Manager to understand the interfaces of the PO with other project activities and to include the associated constraints in the contract.
- He coordinates and liaises with other functions that have a contributing role to the final delivery of PO.
- He works in straight collaboration and team spirit with the Technical Owner and the Quality Owner and develop with them a sense of co-ownership for the delivery of the PO.
- He is the PO Owner. He doesn’t have full knowledge and expertise of all aspects of the PO but he shall mobilize and coordinate all necessary resources inside and outside the Project to ensure the safe, timely, on budget and compliant delivery of the PO.
- Prepare and issue the shipment documentation to the transit agent. Ensure a close relation with the transit agent to allow the anticipation of the release of the goods.
- Check Suppliers invoices and the final account, obtain the corresponding close out certificate from Suppliers.
- He is responsible to organise the Lessons Learnt sessions and reports during the execution of the PO and/or at the end of the PO.
- For all the above, he shall follow SCM processes and implement and use SCM department tools.
Authority / Dimensions:
- Operate within the Buisness Code of Conduct
- Operate according to our client’s Management Principle
- Is not authorised to commit the Company on his own. Any commitment with third parties must be authorised by budget holders.
- Negotiations with all Subcontractors/Suppliers.
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Degree in a relevant discipline (Engineering or Business) or qualified by Experience
- Is no required to solve technical issues (role of the Technical Owner) but shall be able to understand technical discussions and to measure potential associated commercial or schedule impacts.
- Is “cost saving” oriented, and capable of challenging requests.
- Have a good knowledge of the offshore industry and its specificities and of complex items.
- Demonstrate good communication skills and is a team player.