As a key member of the CAPEX team in Accounting Operations, you will work in a fast-paced environment to record and analyze transactions related to capital assets and related intercompany transactions, as well as work to make accounting processes more efficient. Continuous improvement and smart automation initiatives will be instrumental to your success. You will also be responsible for executing and strengthening internal controls in your remit. We are seeking a proactive, energetic individual to business partner with various functions in the business, including the Business Unit Finance teams, Group Reporting, Financial Planning and Analysis and Tax and Treasury teams. Our client's assets have a net book value of approximately $6 billion and has an annual CAPEX spend of approximately $0.4 billion.
- Ensuring the financial accounting of CAPEX within clients is accurate, timely and complete by:
- Adhering to the month end reporting deadlines
- Applying expertise around CAPEX IFRS accounting standards
- Reviewing and advising on requests for authorisations to spend, including ensuring all necessary paperwork and authorisations are submitted and validated
- Ensuring asset settlements are complete and depreciation is recorded appropriately
- Recording accounting transactions related to capitalized borrowings
- Recording accounting transactions related to capitalization of time
- Preparing monthly account reconciliations related to capital assets
- Ensuring that assets are recorded in appropriate jurisdictions
- Regular review of the Fixed Asset Register to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Maintenance of capital asset related master data
- Accountability for monthly CAPEX analysis and internal reporting
- Preparing monthly reporting for project managers comparing actual CAPEX spend against budgets and forecasts
- Monthly reporting to Business Units Finance teams regarding capitalization of time
- Preparing monthly summaries of capital asset activity, including additions, disposals, transfers, etc.
- Promoting a culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence
- Identifying areas to derive process efficiencies including streamlining activities, removing waste from processes, and the deployment of Robotic Process Automation
- Regular review of all key processes to ensure internal controls are strengthened where required
- Promoting clients high performance culture within team and across organization
- Ensuring meet or exceed service level agreements with stakeholders in organization
- Key contact to stakeholders across the business for all CAPEX related queries
- Providing financial information to operational leaders during the budget process
- Preparing fixed and intangible asset notes to the financial statements for required legal entities
- Preparing quarterly taxation reporting for fixed and intangible assets
- Preparing quarterly reporting for local accountants in several jurisdictions
- Key contact for all audit queries related to capital assets
- Ad hoc support for all fixed and intangible asset queries across the business.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
The candidate must be able to demonstrate skills and knowledge at the depth and scope required for the position.
- An undergraduate degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting/Finance, with progress towards a professional accounting designation
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience in similar accounting roles; preferably experience in accounting for capital assets.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (intermediate level of knowledge)
- Excellent analytical skills; good problem solver
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal, required
- Strong people skills, confident and comfortable at engaging collaboratively in an intellectual and multinational environment.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- Proactive, hard-working and results oriented
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with SAP would be an asset