One of our major clients in the oil and gas industry is seeking a Senior Learning Advisor to work within their facilities in Calgary, AB, on 6 months contract.
Reporting to the Manager, Learning Services, the Senior Advisor, Learning provides consultancy and advisory services on learning solutions.
The Senior Advisor, Learning is responsible for project management partnership of business and training needs through detailed analysis supporting the design, development, and implementation of technical, safety and organizational learning solutions. This role requires detailed knowledge and experience related to project management, business and training needs analysis, instructional design, people and organizational learning theory and practice. Application of enterprise learning, information & communication technologies to support enhanced learning, knowledge management, and performance support applications is also required. This role is responsible for partnering with the team of internal instructional designers, internal clients and third-party learning development vendors as the conduit for learning services.
This is a business-facing role which means regular partnership and collaboration with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. You will deliver on learning solutions as well as support the implementation of learning strategies and solutions.
Further, your key stakeholders will include:
- Instructional Design team
- Functional leads
- Training & Competency Assurance
- Partner with the Team Lead, Instructional Design to conduct business process needs assessments, gap analyses, and training needs analysis with operational stakeholders to identify approach, resourcing and requirements.
- Accountable and responsible for the development of learning assessments, activities, initiatives, projects and plans with a systems thinking approach.
- Develop and support relationships with third-party eLearning vendors and lead external development projects through completion and look backs.
- Act as liaison between third-party e-learning development and the company client groups and Learning & Development
- Collaborate and perform all reviews on third-party eLearning design and development to ensure adherence to agreed-upon standards and guidelines, recognized industry and discipline standards..
- Perform project management tasks (e.g., develop project plans, schedules, look-backs, coordinate project activities and resolve roadblocks).
- Provide regular status updates to stakeholders and the Manager, of Learning Services throughout the project lifecycle.
- Adhere to corporate policy and procedures and incorporate company-wide best practices into training materials, where applicable.
- Collaborate with other team members to identify, contribute and implement standard methodologies and approaches to ensure consistent, high-quality products and services are delivered to clients.
- Develop evaluation of learning solutions and identify areas for improvement for collaboration with third party vendors
- Instructional Design accountabilities when needed to support internal team members for internal learning development requests, including learning and supporting materials such as quick reference guides.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Post-secondary education in Instructional Design, Learning and Development, Adult Learning or related field of study.
- Minimum 10 years of experience designing and delivering technical, safety and organizational learning or related programs.
- Oil and Gas (or related) industry experience.
- Project management experience supporting enterprise learning programs.
- Ability to build effective relationships at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to organize work and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills.
- Experience with ADDIE / SAM methodologies.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office - especially Excel.
- In-depth knowledge of contemporary learning technologies such as: online learning, gaming & simulation, knowledge capture, validation, integration & transfer, and evaluation.
- Experience with eLearning content development tools would be considered an asset (Captivate and Articulate 360)
- Minimum 5 years of experience with virtual learning environments (e.g. Zoom, Teams)
This posting represents the desired scope, accountabilities, skills and experience requirements of the job. These requirements may be modified to support business needs.