Senior Category Specialist – Brisbane, QLDAirswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry.
Airswift is seeking a Senior Category Specialist to work on a 10 month assignment in Brisbane, QLD with a Infrastructure Company.
This position is responsible for leading and developing resources, providing expertise and strategic leadership in category management for high risk, high value contracts and strategic suppliers for specific assigned categories.
This includes collaborating with internal stakeholders while completing value chain optimisation, analysis, strategic sourcing including spend and financial analysis, demand management, contract management and supplier relationship management.
- Lead and role model customer focus behaviour by encouraging innovation and knowledge sharing.
- Manage procurement planning with internal stakeholders to deliver required procurement schedules and outcomes for relevant spend categories.
- Manage and participate in value chain analysis, design, and implementation to deliver improved outcomes for Client Company customers and to optimise the efficiency and effectiveness of the value chain.
- Identify, evaluate and implement innovation opportunities with suppliers and other external organisations, internal stakeholders, and Client Company customers to deliver on Client Company’s vision for Brisbane.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of category strategies and plans including undertaking or managing analysis, strategic thinking and decision making through the full category management lifecycle.
- Develop and implement quality sourcing and contract management strategies and plans to schedule by directly performing the associated sourcing analytics, negotiation and reporting functions.
- Contribute to policy development and implementation to effectively manage demand for relevant spend categories by developing programs, providing process guidance and procedures across Client Company, supported by appropriate reporting and monitoring.
- Contribute to category performance to realise value for all sourcing, contract management, innovation and value chain optimisation activities across Client Company including producing and utilising category scorecards and other relevant reporting.
- Manage supply risks by implementing appropriate strategies and actions to ensure continuity of supply or other risks are appropriately managed for relevant categories of spend.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, other government entities, suppliers, and any other organisations or relevant individuals to ensure optimal procurement outcomes are achieved for relevant categories of spend.
- Apply comprehensive procurement related capabilities to all category activities to deliver superior procurement outcomes including functional expertise such as analysis, negotiation, influencing, adapting and innovating.
- Manage each allocated contract through its lifecycle, ensuring contract obligations are met, providing periodical supplier performance reports, maintaining contract registers in SAP and ensuring renewals are included in the annual sourcing plan.
- Actively participate in developing procurement capabilities, networks and influence through an ongoing personal development plan to ensure the procurement capabilities continue to evolve with the changing world.
- Ability to contribute to team direction, give and receive feedback and achieve agreed performance standards in order to contribute to a culture of performance excellence.
- Comprehensive strategic thinking and capability in developing and implementing category strategies and category management including strategic sourcing and contract management to deliver improved customer experience and reduce costs in large complex organisations.
- High level analytical capability including advanced spread sheeting for data manipulation and advanced commercial calculations and decision making.
- Comprehensive understanding of customer thinking including value chain analysis and ability to collaborate with suppliers to identify and implement innovation at various points in the value chain.
- High level interpersonal and written communication skills including the ability to negotiate, influence and build positive working relationships to resolve complex business issues, and manage confidential and sensitive matters.
- Proven success in the negotiation, formation and management of contracts and supplier agreements that meet organisational targets.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (e.g. Logistics, Procurement, Commerce or Business), AND/OR MCIPS accreditation.
- Demonstrated understanding of contract law, including exposure to procurement contracts with an ability to balance price/quality/relationship trade-offs with suppliers.
- Capacity to interpret the legislative framework within which Client Company operates or the capacity to quickly identify and respond to the relevant requirements.
- Sound product knowledge of the relevant category area.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please apply direct to this advertisement with your CV & contact details, or send the resume to email@example.com