Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Oil & Gas - Offshore Oil
Engineering & Design
June 21, 2023
Airswift is currently searching for Senior Civil Designer to join one of our client's Aberdeen project delivery team on a 12-month contract basis.
• Support our safety culture and to challenge unsafe behaviors.
• Deliver civil/ structural engineering services that meet the client's applicable statutory and regulatory specifications.
• Deliver the scope of individual responsibility within quality, schedule, and budget requirements and facilitate the same throughout the CS and project team.
• Interface with other disciplines and colleagues both locally and globally to produce structural steelwork and RC calculations to legacy British Standards and Euro Codes.
• Ensure proper application of technical standards.
• Work with Designers to realise Engineering Designs.
• Coordinate and align with multi-disciplinary project groups.
• Communicate effectively with the civil/ structural engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer where required.
• Take part in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports, and follow required checking procedures.
• Ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes.
• Provide assistance and advice during procurement, construction, and commissioning activities e.g. write requisitions.
• If required conduct technical bid evaluations and assist with purchase orders.
• Ensure vendor/ contractor documentation, is reviewed for technical acceptability (when related specifically to CS discipline) or is considered for design impact (e.g. mechanical vendor documentation) where this is part of the area of responsibility.
• Proactively resolve or assist in the resolution of any discrepancies between the client and its Customer's requirements.
• Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
• If required, assist and support more junior personnel within the civil engineering team.
• Experience working within small - medium scope projects within a multidiscipline environment and delivering work with global teams.
• Experience with Petrochem EPC/EPCM projects.
• Experience in both FEED and detailed design.
• Commercial awareness within the professional services environment.
• A sound knowledge of the fundamental requirements of civil/structural engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields and interdependencies between them.
• A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
• Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation including CDM.
• Competent use of civil/ structural engineering-specific software such as STAAD Pro/ TEDDS.
• Experience working within a multidiscipline 3D model environment.
• Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite, and Teams.
• Candidates must as a minimum have a BSc degree (or equivalent) in Civil / Structural Engineering.
• Chartered Professional Engineer (CEng) status or evidence of working towards chartered status.
• Other relevant postgraduate qualifications in engineering, and management.