The major project team is supporting Newmont, a global gold producer, in delivering the Tanami Expansion Phase 2 project at their Northern Territory operation. This $1.2 billion dollar expansion will bring ore production 3.2 Million tonnes per annum. The project is moving the final phases of construction.
Our construction team is requiring your blend of civil and structural design skills as well as on site practical construction experience to support the on site design activities associated with the following areas
Shaft Terrace Bulk Earthworks, Final Grading and Drainage, Refrigeration Plant, Mixed Use Precinct, Fixed Plant Workshop, Warehousing, Concrete/Shotcrete Batch plant, Substations, SCADA Communications system in addition to miscellaneous infrastructure / services and backbone electrical requirements inclusive of common service corridor
Shaft and Surface Materials Handling
This area consists of all works associated with the Shaft, Headframe, Winders and Surface Material Handling System including; Headframe and associated shaft auxiliary equipment, temporary hoisting equipment to facilitate shaft lining and equipping, permanent production and service hoists, fitting out of plats within the shaft and the surface materials handling system post discharge from the production hoist through waste/product stackers and concrete slickline
- Reporting to the site engineering manager, you will deliver civil engineering services that meet its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Take the lead in scoping and designing modification to civil element of the project including detailed earthworks and grading, drainage system and non processing infrastructure.
- Provide technical input and resolution of technical queries raised by the various contractors.
- Support the engineering manager on
- Scope management
- Liaison with technical team from various offices
- Cross disciplinary coordination to ensure successful delivery of Tanami project
- If required, supervise civil drafting to deliver project requirements
- Support effective communication with the structural engineering team and project stakeholders, including the customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering or relevant undergraduate degree
- 12 years plus experience in civil engineering design which includes site engineering roles in similar construction projects.
- Ability to travel regular to site
- Previous experience in leading small teams
- Previous experience in mining or other mineral processing projects
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Be highly driven with a focus on delivery and service
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Exposure to developing structural design across a range of project cycles using Australian Standards
- Competent use of civil engineering specific software.
- Competent in 12D or civil3d software packages will be advantageous
- Agile with working in rapidly changing environment that is associated with fast track construction projects
- Worked in team with diverse background