Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Airswift have partnered with ConocoPhillips to source a Senior Stakeholder and Communications advisor, based in Brisbane
The Senior Stakeholder and Communications Advisor will play a key role in developing and delivering strategic stakeholder engagement and communications, with particular focus on our exploration program. Reporting to the General Manager of Government and External Affairs the role will be responsible for communication and engagement that uphold values and its ability to meet exploration and business objectives.
This is a contract role for an initial two-year period with a possibility of extension or permanent role. This role will be considered for part-time employment. Some travel to Victoria and Tasmania will be required.
- To support exploration opportunities and meet regulatory requirements:
- Co-design and Implement the ConocoPhillips stakeholder engagement strategy.
- Foster open and transparent relationships including with communities, industry bodies, media and government agencies.
- Deliver effective communication material and supporting platforms for community and stakeholder consultation.
- Work across complex and changing issues, applying strong skills in stakeholder management and risk mitigation.
- Provide strategic communications advice, issues management and digital communications.
- To support internal and external affairs objectives:
- Manage and support new communications initiatives and programs; maintain and improve existing programs.
- Active participation in crisis communications.
- Ensure adherence to corporate policy is maintained as it relates to public communications.
- Ensure continuing compliance with ongoing social conditions, commitments, and reporting structures.
- Ensure all stakeholder communications are adequately tracked, documented, and disseminated in a manner that meets regulatory requirements, and standards for audit and sustainability reporting.
- Provide advice on strategic direction where risks to stakeholder perceptions are apparent or potentially likely.
- Understand and promote sustainability frameworks and their relationship to stakeholder engagement and management.
• Communications Effectively
• Drives Performance
• Partners Collaboratively
• General Manager, Government and External Affairs
• Exploration Team
• Government and External Affairs Team
• As per the Limitations of Authority (LOA)
Comply with HSE policies, Life Saving Rules, procedures, goals and programs within the Australia Business Unit (ABU) HSE Management System
• Demonstrate and promote the positive behaviours detailed in the “HSE Culture Framework”
• Actively engage in the HSE communication and consultation processes
• Lead by example and contribute directly to positive HSE performance and culture through visible action, high standards and commitment to safe work practices
• Demonstrate a commitment to establishing and meeting HSE performance targets and generate ideas for continuous HSE performance improvement
• Understand and manage the hazards and risks associated with your role and other risks that can impact our organizational objectives
• Fulfil the requirements of designated Incident Management Team (IMT) and Crisis Management Team (CMT) roles to help maintain the ABU crisis and emergency preparedness
• Tertiary qualifications in communications, public policy, science, arts, politics, humanities, or related discipline
• ’Experience in stakeholder relations or communications
• Strategic planning, analytical and research skills
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• The ability to meet deadlines
• Strong team player
• Diplomacy and dispute resolution skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex multi-disciplinary projects across functions
• Ability to represent the company in external events, functions, and meetings
• Encourages creativity, innovation, and continuous improvemen
• Demonstrated experience working in stakeholder relations for an infrastructure or complex construction project.
• The ability to use design software to create graphics for social media, digital screens or publication templates is desired but not crucial.