Position : Senior Contracts Position
Duration: 12-month renewable contract
Location: Maputo, Mozambique
Expat Resident: Yes
The Job holder participates to the processes of Contracts and Procurement activities for the EPC-CPI Contract by performing the following tasks:
- Promote & comply with applicable safety instructions and other Company HSE procedures in all activities
- Carry out work in compliance with Company values and policies, relevant laws and regulations, agreed Company priorities and objectives, Company standards and procedures and good industry practices
- Contract Tender Phase
- Prepare the Call for Tender documentation and specific Tender and Tender Evaluation Procedures in line with Project and Company procedures,
- Liaise with the relevant technical teams (DUET) to ensure that the technical requirements are adequately incorporated into the tender process and collaborate with various cross functional departments to ensure timely CFT preparation and readiness,
- Manage, monitor and control all required contractual process for CFT, ensure that all recommendations are made as per the best contractual and commercial terms,
- Ensure Project team are kept up to date with tender progress and developments, obtain any necessary attendance at meetings and obtain all necessary approvals. Prepare clarification meetings with potential bidders during the various stages of CFT,
- Actively report CFT progress and advise on potential delays, put forward suggestions for improvements in cost and schedule,
- Validate Tenderer compliance with Bank Guarantee, Parent Company Guarantee requirements, Insurances and the like.
- Evaluate contractual proposals and assist in evaluation of technical and commercial proposals where applicable.
- Administer the Recommendation to Award Report. Prepare and participate to the contract committee.
- Prepare final contract documents and obtain necessary validations for the execution of the contract.
- Manage close out the Pre-contract phase (e.g. notification of unsuccessful Tenderers, storage of tender documentation and correspondence, …).
- Post Award Contract Management
- Administer contractual correspondence, change orders logs and filing,
- Review requests for change orders and prepare / validate change order documents,
- Manage Contractor claims, prepare counter claims, liaise with Project team & HQ as necessary,
- Ensure all contractual certificates, guarantees and insurances required under the Contract are in place and received in due time,
- Coordinate the processing of Contractor’s monthly applications for payment and verify invoice submissions,
QUALIFICATION And Experience:
- Qualified Contracts engineer for the management of EPC/EPCI construction contracts, Very strong knowledge in construction law and proven experience in management of Oil & Gas project construction and installation contracts from pre-award to final account preferably on offshore / subsea packages
- Proficient in SAP ERP and various Microsoft Office software suite
- Good command of English language
- Diploma: Master Construction Law, Business, Qualification in Engineering / Construction Science would be a plus
- International Experience Required: Yes No
- 10 years, practical, relevant and progressive experience in preparation, negotiation, monitoring of EPC/EPCI construction technical contracts in offshore/marine Oil & Gas Projects.
- Personal Abilities: Knowledge and understanding of contract processes in projects.
- Good general knowledge and understanding of project control, commercial, legal and insurance matters, and “in depth” understanding where relevant to construction and supply contracts.
- Very good understanding of different means of contractor remuneration and their commercial implications, practical experience of their use.
The Mozambique LNG Project started with the discovery of a vast quantity of natural gas off the coast of northern Mozambique in 2010. The Project is operated by TotalEnergies – the world’s second largest LNG player with a leading presence in Africa – which is uniquely qualified to ensure the Mozambique LNG Project helps to meet the world’s increasing demand for sustainable, reliable and cleaner energy source.