Location – Perth, WA
Duration – 12 Month Contract
About the role
Our client is seeking a Senior Electrical Designer for a Perth based role on a 12-month initial contract. The role will be working across several sustaining capital mining projects located in WA.
- Perform electrical design and drafting services such as:
- ensure the project scope is clear and that changes to scope comply with project change management processes;
- prepare/assist and oversee the production of engineering drawings and documentation;
- ensure all drawings and documents are checked in accordance with the clients’ checking procedures; and
- participate in project reviews as required.
- Provide specialist technical direction and advice to the design team and project teams;
- Actively contribute to the development and improvement of project design systems, processes, practices and procedures (where required).
- Assist in scoping requirements and estimating design budget in response to requests from Lead Engineers.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with the project Lead Engineers, other discipline design teams, Workshare team and Project Managers on design progress, technical matters, workshare and resource planning.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify issues and problems; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
- Previous experience working as a Lead on projects (desirable)
- LV/MV experience in detailed design from scratch
- Experience across Major Projects and Brownfields sustaining capital projects
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in designing and drafting within the mining industry or similar.
- Extensive technical, practical and leadership experience in the relevant discipline in the same or similar industry, including experience managing and leading multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
- A recognized Electrical design qualification.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia will be considered.
To apply simply press the ‘Apply’ button. Due to the large number of applicants, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For further information please contact Patrick Chick via +61 8 6146 4363 or firstname.lastname@example.org