Senior Electrical Designer – Perth, WA
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking a Senior Electrical Designer to work within their facilities located in Perth, WA on a 12-month initial contract.
About the Client:
Our client is a top-class EPCM consultancy with an enviable reputation for maintaining their high standards in their delivery of a broad scope of services within the Australian resources market.
They have built a very successful global business off the back of consistently delivering a very high standard of work across their projects.
The business has a culture based around connecting teams of talented, high-performance people to deliver major cutting-edge projects across their chosen markets.
Due to a period of expansion, our client is seeking to add a Senior Electrical Designer to join their Perth based team working on expansion projects within their refinery located south of Perth. While this role will be based in Perth, there will be a requirement for visits to site (1-2 times per fortnight).
This role will assist with technical and practical design and drafting engineering deliverables across the electrical and instrumentation discipline. Ideally the client is looking for a seasoned designer with experience within Brownfield projects in the Mining and Minerals sector, as well as high level of proficiency in MicroStation.
- Deliver Electrical and Instrumentation specific design and drafting services that meet the client, its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Identify design scope and develop list of drawing deliverables and estimates to complete the work.
- Initiate and manage design and drafting assignments on projects requirements on time and within budget.
- Perform Electrical and Instrumentation specific design and drafting services such as:
- Ensure the project scope is clear and that changes to scope comply with project change management processes.
- Participate in project reviews as required.
- Prepare and oversee the production of engineering drawings and documentation.
- Ensure all drawings and documents are checked in accordance with the client and its customers checking procedures.
- Maintain and further develop relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare and assist in the preparation of project documentations such as budgets, estimates, forecasts, schedules and reports.
What you will bring:
- Substantial Electrical and Instrumentation design and drafting experience in the Refinery/Mining Industry, or similar.
- Must have experience in Brownfield electrical systems modifications (LV/MV/HV).
- Proven technical and practical electrical and instrumentation design and drafting skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work.
- Pro-active with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work on multiple projects of various size and complexity.
- Brownfield project experience in modification of PLC/DCS system. Allen Bradley / Honeywell system awareness is advantages.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to convey information and ideas to individuals and groups, and make presentations when required.
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Highly competent use of Bentley MicroStation software.
- Completion of Advanced Diploma of Engineering Technology - Electrical or an Electrical Tradesperson who has completed the Electrical Design, Drafting and Estimates course.
Only candidates located within Australia, with full Australian working rights will be considered.
For further information please contact Patrick Chick via +61 8 6146 4363 or email@example.com