Summary on Airswift:
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our O&G contractor client is seeking a Senior Electrical Designer work within their facilities in Perth, Australia on a 12-months casual contract role.
Please see details as below
Title: Senior Electrical Designer
Start Date: Negotiable
Employment Type: 1-year casual contract
Location: Perth, Australia
SUMMARY ABOUT THE ROLE
The primary purpose of this role is to provide discipline specific design and drafting services for multiple O&G brownfield upgrade projects.
- Deliver discipline specific design and drafting services
- Effectively undertake design and drafting on time and within budget.
- Perform discipline specific services:
- prepare/assist and oversee the production of engineering drawings and documentation;
- ensure all drawings and documents are checked in accordance
- participate in project reviews as required.
- Participate in peer reviews, interdisciplinary reviews and consult relevant resources as required.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of project design systems, processes,
- practices and procedures (where required).
- Ensure reviewing and checking process are adhered to and be responsible for the technical integrity of your work;
- Initiate, manage and supervise, design and drafting assignments with the Workshare team; manage coordination on a regular basis as required to effectively undertake the design
- Assist in scoping requirements and estimating design budget in response to requests from Lead/project team
- Communicate effectively and regularly with the project Lead, engineers, other discipline design teams, Workshare team and Project Engineers/Managers on design progress, technical matters, workshare and resource planning.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in designing and drafting with at least 5 years recently in oil and gas (or closely allied) industry, Woodside preferred.
- A recognised design qualification (Advanced Diploma) in the relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated knowledge of hazardous areas with formal training a distinct advantage
- Competent in the use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite, PDF Exchange and a good knowledge of design software (Microstation) and associated 3D packages.
- Proven experience in creating electrical deliverables such as:
- Single line diagrams – HV and LV
- Three-line Diagrams
- Schematics for panels such as incomers, feeders, VSDs and motor starters
- Cable schedules
- Material take offs
- Electrical equipment layouts
- Switchroom layouts
- Earthing layouts
- Earthing diagrams
- Lightning rolling sphere layouts
- Key interlocking diagrams
- Primary and secondary schematics
- Termination diagrams
- Panel general arrangements
- Lighting layouts
Only accepting candidates with valid working rights in Australia
- Click the apply now button.
- To be considered for this role please add Sabrina Iman on Linked in
- For further information and a detailed Job description please email an up-to-date CV, along with your notice period and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org