Senior Electrical Engineer – Portland, VIC
Our client is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to work within their facilities located in Portland, VIC on a 12-month initial contract.
Title: Senior Electrical Engineer
Start Date: Negotiable
Employment Type: 12-month initial contract
Location: Portland, Vic
Working Schedule: Mon - Fri, 8-hour days
Our client seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Electrical Engineer to join their site-based team to provide electrical engineering support for their refinery located in regional Victoria.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for providing exceptional electrical engineering services to the client, its customers, and ensuring that all technical support and supervision within the electrical team is met.
- Deliver electrical engineering services that meet our client, its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Perform electrical engineering services such as:
- identify and report changes to project scope;
- assist with the preparation of proposals, estimates, budgets and schedules;
- provide assistance during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, write requisitions, conduct technical bid evaluations and write purchase orders;
- contribute to appropriate studies, analyses and recommend actions;
- assist with the preparation of detailed designs and drawings, specifications, data, calculations and reports.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in electrical engineering.
- If required, assist and support junior personnel within the electrical engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with the electrical engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
What you will bring:
- A recognized electrical engineering degree.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status, preferred.
- Effective technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work.
- A good working knowledge of the fundamental requirements of electrical engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- A good working knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory specifications.
- Competent use of electrical engineering specific software and relevant software such as MS Office Suite
- Engineering experience in the same or similar industry and developing leadership skills.
- Some job site or factory experience.
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients.
With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Only candidates located within Australia, with full Australian working rights will be considered.
For further information please contact Patrick Chick via +61 8 6146 4363 or firstname.lastname@example.org
AS Job Number: 1170022