Location – Pinjarra
Duration – 12 month contract
Reporting to the Electrical Department Manager, the Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible for management of the team to ensure quality standards for all works are met and to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of service to the wider business.
This role provides specialist technical support to our client and its customers ensuring that all engineering designs are safe, legally compliant and fit for purpose.
In this position you will be responsible for:
- Delivering electrical engineering services that meet the client, its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Initiate, manage and if required supervise electrical engineering project requirements.
- Perform electrical engineering services such as:
- participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures;
- ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes;
- provide assistance and advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, write requisitions, conduct technical bid evaluations and write purchase orders.
- If required, act as the electrical engineering Lead on specific projects.
- If responsible for a team:
- outline project requirements including actively promoting workshare, where appropriate, assign tasks and supervise progress; and
- ensure the required services meet the client, its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, on time and within budget.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between the client and its customer's requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in electrical engineering.
- If required, assist and support junior personnel within the electrical engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with the electrical engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
Technical and Industry Experience
- Min 8+ years experience post qualification experience within an engineering position in a heavy industry environment.
- Highly effective technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work.
- A sound knowledge of the fundamental requirements of electrical engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Competent use of electrical engineering specific software.
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
- Substantial technical land practical experience in electrical engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- A recognised and relevant engineering degree (required).
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status (preferred).
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications in engineering, management, project management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent (preferred).