SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
Job Location – Green River, Wyoming
Reason for hire – New role to help support development and execution of projects
- Researches, develops, designs and tests electrical equipment. Provides electrical technical assistance and trouble-shooting expertise.
- Provides electrical expertise to engineering and maintenance projects.
- Knowledge of power generation, and distribution systems.
- Responsible for coordination with the maintenance E&I group to ensure compliance to applicable codes, coordination of electrical distribution, load changes, and compatibility of electrical control components.
- Inspects, evaluates, designs, and recommends repairs and improvements associated with power generation, distribution, protection, loading and control.
- Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for industrial manufacturing purposes.
- Ensures that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operations testing activities conform to functional specifications, safety requirements, distribution design, and projected costs.
- Directs and coordinates electrical equipment field installations.
- Prepares recommendations for electrical upgrades necessary to maintain and expand production and facility capabilities.
Essential Skill Set, Education/Qualification, Certification Attainment Background:
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years of relevance experience.
- Must possess thorough understanding and knowledge of electrical engineering principles, codes, practices, and regulations.
- Experience and knowledge of power systems and protection systems
- Experience with; motor controls, protection relays, switchgear, and substations
- Must be analytical and detail oriented and possess the ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects or phases of a project simultaneously.
- Must have experience reviewing or developing electrical drawings such as single lines, wiring diagrams, and elementary drawings
- Must be fluent in National Electric code
Desirable Skill Set:
- ETAP Modelling
- SEL Protective relays
Current project portfolio:
- Power coordination study
- Large scale UPS installation
- Phase II Load shedding and systems expansion
- Power distribution upgrades