SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
Location: Hybrid – Remote / London - role likely to be office based 2 - 3 days per week
Contract duration: 12-month contract - Renewable
Project: low carbon and Energy Transition sectors
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Account Manager: Anthony Hughes
As a global leading provider of engineering, procurement and construction management expertise to the energy, chemicals, and resources sectors we are proud to be able to expand our UK team and have partnered with Airswift to support our recruitment plans.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our team in London, the role is a hybrid and can work from home 2-3 days a week. This is to work on a number of projects that include chemical, carbon capture & storage and green hydrogen.
The successful individual will be engaged on PAYE contract basis for an initial 12-month period, but they are open to taking on permanent members of staff if preferred, rates / salaries to be discussed.
Role & Responsibilities
- Deliver electrical engineering services that meet Worley', its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget
- Initiate, manage and if required supervise electrical engineering project requirements
- Perform electrical engineering services such as:
- participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures
- ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes
- provide assistance and advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, write requisitions, conduct technical bid evaluations, and write purchase orders
- If required, act as the electrical engineering Lead on specific projects.
- If responsible for a team:
- outline project requirements including actively promoting workshare, where appropriate, assign tasks and supervise progress
- ensure the required services to meet customers and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, on time and within budget
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between Worley and its Customer's requirements.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments and technical innovations in electrical engineering
- If required, assist, and support junior personnel within the electrical engineering team
- Communicate effectively with the electrical engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required
- Highly effective technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Worley and its customers
- A sound knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the electrical engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements
- Competent use of electrical engineering specific software
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite
- Substantial technical land practical experience in electrical engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams
- A recognised and relevant engineering degree
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications in engineering, management, project management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift.