- On project basis, support lead engineer in project deliverables.
- Support other in-house departments and external parties, where required, by providing specialist technical advice and information.
- Prepare engineering document (technical specification, calculation and drawing) in the development of new designs and products.
- Ensure timely issue of drawings and documents.
- Prepare technical specifications for equipment procurement (e.g. major equipment) and perform technical evaluation of vendor’s bid.
- Prepare and review marine system piping and instrumentation diagrams (e.g. cooling, fuel oil systems) and HVAC drawings.
- Prepare and review machinery layout arrangement incl. 3D modelling of equipment with its associated maintenance and operation space and foundation.
- Perform flow, pressure drop, heat transfer calculations, equipment sizing, heat load calculation and etc.
- Manage external suppliers and consultants in obtaining engineering documents and deliverables.
- Coordinate and collaborate with colleagues within the same project team to ensure accurate and timely engineering deliverables for each project.
- Prepare and review material list to ensure that they conform to contractual technical specifications, installation control documents, Classification and Statutory Rules/Regulations.
- Participate in tests and trials, where required.
- Liaise with ship-owners and surveyors to obtain approval on engineering deliverables.
- Resolve all design issues raised by owner, Class and Flag on drawings and documents captured in Action Item Register.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical/Marine Engineering/Naval Architecture/Mechatronic/Offshore.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in engineering design and/or Classifications Societies and/or as Sea-going Engineer (at least 2nd Engineer) and/or Naval Engineering Officer.
- Candidates with no experience may apply
- Engineering and design project management skills.
- Knowledge of electrical and instrumentation systems.
- Good knowledge of international design codes, Classification/Statutory Rules and Regulations.
- Software (mandatory): Aveva P&ID, Aveva Marine, Pipeflow Expert, AutoCAD or similar functions
- Software (need basis): VA One, Star CCM+
- Keep abreast with current technological developments and products.
- Keep abreast with Classifications Rules, military and industrial standards relevant to design activities.
- Require travelling overseas occasionally to meet potential customers, for exhibitions and conferences, for tests and trials. Need to travel to customer’s site occasionally.
- Well-articulated in presentation is a plus point.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills and good team player
- Location: Benoi Road (Island-wide transport provided)
- 5-day work week
- Working Hours: 7.25am-5pm
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.