Senior Engineer, Technical Safety is responsible for technical safety tasks in project development. The job holder provides technical safety engineering expertise including performance analysis, development of procedures, techniques, proper usage of tools/software to identify hazards and barriers, including Safety Critical Elements (SCEs) and Tasks (SCTs) to manage the risks to ALARP. Moreover, the job holder conducts SSHE studies, supervises specialist contractors, review report, and provides recommendations to projects/ operational sites.
- Implement procedures, standards, guidelines and management system related to technical safety including technical safety documents e.g. risk management standard, process safety management standard, HAZID/ HAZOP guideline and technical safety specifications within COMPANY Engineering General Specifications (PEGS) in compliance with international standard and industry best practice plus in alignment with corporate direction and SSHE MS
- Provide advice, guidance and support to project on the implementation of corporate SSHE procedures, standards, SSHE MS and guidelines and COMPANY General Specification related to Process/ Technical Safety
- Act as Technical Authority for technical safety related to preliminary assess deviation against relevant corporate SSHE standards and specifications
- Provide process and technical safety support to project involving participation / leading safety studies (hazid, hazop, QRA etc), supervising and reviewing / approving work done by engineering contractors. Ensure that recommendations from these studies are translated into actions to make risks as low as reasonably practical.
- Provide process and technical safety support to the asset operations and high risk activities (e.g. drilling, logistics) including participation / leading safety studies, Management of Change (Modifications, Deviations, Downgraded Situations), assist in process safety performance monitoring and analysis, etc.
- Develop, when requested and periodically review Concept Safety Reports, Design, Operations and high risk activity Safety Cases, including oversight of contractors work.
- Assist in conducting compliance check and audit programs on Technical Safety related (MOC, Safety barriers, PSUA, PTRs/OTRs, SSHE Due Diligence), identify gap, give recommendation for continuous improvement, and track until completion of SSHE findings/ recommendations/ actions
- Use appropriate software and tools for safety analysis, calculation and design aids e.g, PHAST as well as provide support, guidance and troubleshoot to projects/ assets on engineering activities regarding technical safety and safety engineering
- Participate in accident/ incident investigations when nominated, analyse and provide advice and support on preventive measurement and remedial actions to near misses or high potential incidents related to Technical Safety including SCE failure to ensure all actions are taken properly
- Develop safety engineering deliverables, prepare related documents, and produce, organize a process safety database and report
- Identify and monitor all Major Accident Events (MAEs), Safety Critical Elements (SCEs) and Performance Standard (PS) as well as provide support on development and implementation of Major Accident Prevention Tool within projects/ assets and high risk activities
Professional Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or related fields
- Minimum 12 years’ experience of Technical Safety Engineer or related engineering disciplines in oil and gas industry
- Have a comprehensive knowledge in loss prevention process, safety study and safety analysis techniques
- Experienced in high H2S and high CO2 gas contents
- Good knowledge of industry codes, standards and legislation on SSHE aspect
- Strong analytical skills
- Good command of spoken and written English