Sector: Energy and Chemicals
*possible hybrid work with 2x per week from home
Contract duration: 12 months
Start date: ASAP
Contract type: Limited company/Outside IR 35
The Senior Estimator will be responsible for the preparation of all classes of Capital Cost Estimates by the application of recognised methodologies and industry practices.
We have a range of projects - from Plastic recycling plant, Refinery upgrades, Gas processing plants, FPSO and FLNG at pre FEED, FEED, Detailed Design and EPC stages.
And the Senior Estimator will have the experience needed in onshore and offshore estimates in energy and chemicals markets, including energy transition.
- Define the estimating scope for a project and prepare an estimate plan of work, to identify all deliverables and interfaces with other disciplines to ensure planned completion and the estimate is developed in insufficient detail and is in accordance with good estimating practice.
- fully auditable.
- assessed for accuracy, uncertainties, risk, and contingencies.
- in accordance with the approved estimate plans.
- Ensure an estimate is constructed to provide accurate costs for all components in agreed project WBS and CBS.
- Ability to access and develop labour rates and productivity for global projects.
- Conduct detailed analysis and benchmarking to support final estimate.
- Manage and maintain all documentation received, used in the estimate to ensure auditability and back up of the estimate.
- Manage input (schedule and quality) from engineering, procurement, and construction disciplines to ensure compliance with estimate plan and procedures to deliver compliant estimates.
- For an assigned project report to the Lead Estimator or Project Manager
- Reporting to the Estimating Director at a department level
- Experience in Study, Pre-FEED, FEED and EPC estimates
- Competence and experience in detailed presentation of the estimate to clients and management
- Knowledge of all estimating techniques
- Must exercise skill in communications and interpersonal relationships with staff in
- Estimating and in other workgroups.
- Knowledge and experience in estimating software including ACCE