Our client seeks a Senior Expeditor / Materials Controller for a 2 and 1 role to FIFO from any capital city of Australia.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide continuous insight into supplier's progress towards meeting purchase order requirements, particularly delivery schedules.
- Develop alternative and timely schemes to keep progress on schedule for project requirements.
- Ensure adherence with company and project expediting policies and procedures and act within limits of delegated authority.
- Work with buyers, engineering, planning, project controls, construction, HSE and quality to ensure purchase order requirements are understood and complied with by the supplier.
- Establish formal and informal communications with assigned suppliers to enable timely, accurate and forward-looking analysis of supplier's progress at meeting interim delivery schedules of supplier data, manufacturing milestones, material deliveries, testing activities and material and equipment delivery.
- Track supplier data information movement to and from the supplier, documenting the progress in the progress management system.
- Assist in the maintenance and operation of a materials control system for the site and ensure adherence to relevant company and project policies and procedures.
- Determine and report in ERM overages, shortages, non-conforming and damaged materials and equipment.
- Develop and implement plans to remedy discrepancies and negative impacts caused by these anomalies. Liaise with the project procurement team to report deliveries and any discrepancies.
- Identify surplus material and process its movement through the disposal and scrap process.
- Perform or assist in periodic audits of stores, warehouse, tool cribs and free issue stocks as required by company procedure or customer
To be considered for this role it is envisaged you will possess the following attributes:
- Strong experience in a similar role working on a mine site will be preferred
- Competent with warehousing & materials management processes
- Familiar with ERP system for inventory & purchasing process (or similar software system)
- Ability to work autonomously on a developing site from construction through to operations stages.
- Competent with record keeping, document filing and weekly reporting
You must have current unrestricted working rights for Australia to be eligible for consideration and only those candidates with appropriate qualifications and experience will be contacted directly.