Houston, United States
Oil & Gas - Downstream
Financial & Accounting
June 19, 2023
Airswift is looking for a Senior Financyal Analist to work for a major LNG client in Houston, TX, for an initial 6-month contract likely to be extended.
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for coordinating, developing and executing the monthly close and forecast for the assigned Operational and Administrative Departmental budgets at the plant site in Hackberry, LA.
Primary responsibilities also include assisting each budget owner with the development and presentation materials for approval of the Annual 5-Year O&M Budgets, which includes Executive Management, Committee Stakeholders and the Company LNG Board for multiple functional departments at the Plant Site.
This position will be located in Hackberry, Louisiana or in Houston, Texas (with occasional travel to Hackberry). Transportation Worker Identification Credentials (TWIC) is required.
• Coordinate, develop and execute the Company LNG Monthly Forecast for the full complement of Operational and Administrative departmental expense budgets.
• Assist functional budget owners with developing the Annual 5-Year O&M Budgets and related analysis and presentation materials for approval to Executive Management, Committee Stakeholders and Company LNG Board.
• Prepare month end closing journal entries and support for review and approval by Accounting.
• Independently prepare timely and detailed variance analysis explanation for monthly, YTD and yearly results versus budget and forecast.
• Conduct monthly budget review meetings with budget owners and in support of management with a key focus on visualization of data and key action item tracking.
• Actively participate in various meetings and committees in support of the functional departments’ goals and initiatives. (Engineering, Operations, Safety, Maintenance, Corporate Accounting and other Administrative support departments etc.)
• Assist with support, coordination and validation of data submission of Benchmarking data to third party and coordinating meetings for data validation.
• Various support request related to Phase 2 Project
• Provide support as needed for accurate and timely recording and reporting of Annual Maintenance Turnaround activities
• Coordinate with departmental budget owners on proper coding of all Purchase Orders and Purchase Requisitions
• Conduct cost control activities, such as performing budget checks for Tender Committees
• Build and maintain expense activity models for trend analysis and the drive toward further automation
• Bachelor’s degree required preferably in Accounting, Finance or Business-related field. Advance degrees and Certifications are a plus.
• Must have experience within Manufacturing or Oil and Gas related industry supporting the business at the Plant Site (minimum 10 years of experience). Comfortable within a highly efficient and team-oriented environment.
• Previous experience with SAP (3-5 years minimum), Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC) Tool, and Power BI is preferred.
• Previous experience with serving as a strong business partner to Engineering, Operations and Maintenance departments at a Manufacturing facility on a weekly basis for analysis support and ad-hoc report request.
• Very comfortable with PowerPoint presentations.
• Advanced or expert user of Excel. (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, Data Charts, and EPM formula functions)
Skills/ Knowledge/ Abilities:
• Outstanding interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form, internally and externally to a wide variety of stakeholders.
• Proven ability to ask deliberate questions from stakeholders for clear and accurate information.
• Extremely inquisitive and thoughtful as it relates to business activities of the Plant Site.
• Ability to develop understanding and follow key business processes.
• Demonstrates high ethical standards for honesty, truthfulness and integrity.
• Demonstrative and proven ability to build expense activity models for trend analysis and the drive toward further automation.
• Continuous improvement mindset and proven ability to streamline processes and communication of information into visual format for key decision making by management.
• Ability to complete multiple time sensitive activities accurately and ahead of schedule.
• Willingness to work extended hours during Financial Close and Budget Season. (when needed)
• Ability to complete assignments that require independent judgment or resolving problems amongst budget owners for recommendations to management.
• Ability to sit or stand for an extended period of time.
• Ability to read and type using a computer for extended periods of time.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions as defined per Company policy.