Our client is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, they have been trusted to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions—from the wellhead to the storage tank—to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.
- Provide specialist skills and knowledge in the areas related to engineering and analysis including design codes related to subsea engineering and installation engineering.
- Coordinate and engage in daily activities and schedule priorities for subsea engineering under limited supervision.
- Tender engineering support with emphasis on document review, preparation of subcontractor documents, CTR preparation, bid evaluation and vendor selection.
- Support subsea and offshore projects and address various requirements for procurement, design and installation engineering/analysis in a lead role.
- Assume responsibility for technical reports, design calculations, engineering analysis and interface with third parties including subcontractors and verification bodies.
- Required to attend and prepare for project progress meetings and departmental meetings.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to the safety and legal objectives of the company.
- Training and mentoring of graduates and junior engineers.
- Support in the development of knowledge in the area of design and analysis related to subsea and offshore engineering.
- Understand client requirements and develop solutions to address them, satisfying necessary codes and specifications.
- Take personal responsibility for design, analyses, and technical documentation.
- Liaise with operational teams to support project engineering and be available for site visits and offshore trips when necessary
Essential Qualifications and Education:
- Minimum 7 years of industry experience related to SURF Installation Engineering.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline
- Experience related to installation engineering and analyses for SURF infrastructure.
- Experience with industry standard software packages for analysis (E.g. Orcaflex, Pipelay, Offpipe, Abaqus).
- Good knowledge in programing and scripting skills (Python, VBA or C++) is an advantage.
- Experience with industry commonly used codes and standards for subsea engineering.
- Good organization and communication skills and ability to prioritize workload to meet project. deadlines